Saturday, November 23, 2013

I HIT 30 AND 30 HIT BACK - Birthday Song, by DianaDee Osborne

I HIT 30 AND 30 HIT BACK    
(Humor Hip Hop BIRTHDAY Song)       SUBSCRIBE  
ALBUM:      Amazing  LORD 'n' Life   
Song location  http://DianaDeeOsborneSongs.com/Songs-2013
               CLICK HERE    TO HEAR SONG  (FREE)  

Song Story:  THE  MUSIC:   
 My studio producer had to take a break to pick up his son from school, and I know how to work the board, so he left it running for me to “practice my hip hop words for this weeks lyrics draft” for some future session. I did “one take” -- with NO music except the 4/4 click track, which is why I had to count off before coming in with each new measure. When Claxton returned and heard the vocal track, he grabbed his drumsticks and created the quirky percussion track. We were laughing so much that .......

    he then grabbed his bass and began playing “ANYTHING FUNKY” to match the beat. THAT NIGHT we put the song on the World Wide Web.  A month later, I added the ITHACA sound foundation and all those different fill  tracks - piano, organs, flute -- and played ANYTHING, making maybe a dozen changes of notes for the entire 4+ minute track. It's God's.  God's empowering, His song.

Song Story:  THE  LYRICS:   
The Lyrics.   The song was inspired by me praying that I really wasn't worrying about dying. Then praying that I'd rather die younger than to deal with some of the things that are so likely as I or anyone ages.
    THEN I realized how SELFISH that prayer was.
God has some sort of plan for me as He does for each person (Psalm 139 etc),
and I was praying that I'd rather go get my reward in heaven 
than to go through trials on earth to serve Him.
    So I apologized to God and -- with His empowering,
wrote the song in moments and recorded all tracks within few hours.
(PS - this song isn't autobiography about age!)
Dedicated to our God, 2 August 2013

God's SUPPORTING WORDS:
“Gray hair is a crown of glory; it is gained in a righteous life.” - Proverbs 16: 31 ESV

“The glory of young men is their strength, but the splendor of old men is their gray hair.” - Proverbs 20: 29

Psalm 27: 1 - The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?”

LYRICS
1
I hit 30, and 30 hit back.  
Tiny wrinkles, gray hairs shouting that
I'm getting older.  
Not so strong - and sometimes feeling right dumb ---
BUT
I would rather be hitting 30 than getting rewards in eternity
'cause THE REWARD I WANT MOST IS THE HONOR OF SERVING MY LORD,
right here on this aging Earth.
Sure -- Heaven's joy is coming one day!
God in  Hebrews 10: 36 says > >
If I am willing to persevere - keep serving Jesus my LORD with faith, that
    HITTING ... 30 ... REALLY IS GREAT --- WITH  HIM.


2
I hit 40 and 40 hit back. Sagging chin and aching back.
Feet keep growing. NO FUN knowing that Time races right on.

BUT
I would rather be hitting 40 than getting rewards in eternity
'cause THE REWARD I WANT MOST IS THE HONOR OF SERVING MY LORD,
right here on this aging Earth.
Sure -- Heaven's joy is coming one day!
God in Hebrews 10: 36 says
If I am willing to persevere - keep serving Jesus my LORD with faith, that
    HITTING ... 40 ... REALLY IS GREAT --- WITH  HIM.


3
I hit 50 and 50 hit back.  Gray hairs now receding back.
Constant diets -- can't seem to win.  Working hard to fight fat.

BUT
I would rather be hitting 50 than getting rewards in eternity
'cause THE REWARD I WANT MOST IS THE HONOR OF SERVING MY LORD,
right here on this aging Earth.
Sure -- Heaven's joy is coming one day!
God in Hebrews 10: 36 says
If I am willing to persevere - keep serving Jesus my LORD with faith, that
    HITTING ... 50 ... REALLY IS GREAT --- WITH  HIM.

 

4
I hit 60 and 60 hit back.  In the mirror, a stranger looks back.
Funny how I still feel so young, but Time just keeps marching on.
BUT
I would rather be hitting 60 than getting rewards in eternity
'cause THE REWARD I WANT MOST IS THE HONOR OF SERVING MY LORD,
    right here on this aging Earth.
Sure -- Heaven's joy is coming one day!
God in Hebrews 10: 36 says
If I am willing to persevere - keep serving Jesus my LORD with faith, that
    HITTING ... 60 ... REALLY IS GREAT --- WITH  HIM.

5
I remember when 30 looked OLD.  Does not matter with Jesus, my
LORD, if I'm older 'cause MY STRENGTH IS IN HIM!
-----
I would rather be getting real old than getting rewards in eternity
'cause THE REWARD I WANT MOST IS THE HONOR OF SERVING MY LORD,
    right here on this aging Earth.
Sure -- Heaven's joy is coming one day!
God in Hebrews 10: 36 says
If I am willing to persevere - keep serving Jesus my LORD with faith, THEN
GETTING ... OLDER ... REALLY IS GREAT --- WITH  HIM.


Hebrews 10: 36 -  “For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise.”  - New KJV              

©2013 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.

No comments:

Post a Comment