Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Could've Said THE HELL

 COULD'VE SAID THE HELL - by DianaDee Osborne
 ALBUM:      Amazing LORD 'n' Life 

  © 2021, 2010 by DianaDee Osborne Songs.com

===============================================================================================
MUSICIANS:  Rights for most songs are available;  see  website "ABOUT US" tab.
===============================================================================================


Song Story:  THE  MUSIC. Only 6 months after recording this song, I had to play the MP3 to remember what I did.  I truly do not remember how I got the idea for the music notes and style of this (or many other) songs.  I can say only, yet again, these are the ideas from God's Holy Spirit.   

I sat at the controller keyboard and just played "any" notes for the violins that were somewhere near the chords.  And they fit.  As always, I kept some of the original piano mistakes deliberately after prayer, even though they were easy to fix, to portray a feeling of pain and "angst".  The great poppin' bass is from my Studio #2 producer Claxton, who played for almost 6 minutes straight  with increasingly differing notes to set the tone.  At the end, I was not acting... my  voice really did break with tearfulness as I thought about what Jesus did for me, for us.


THE  LYRICS:
        Yes... I   ** DID **   pray about the title of the song.
        Yes, I was uncomfortable and repeatedly asked God, “Is this OK?”
But the phrase was what inspired the song itself...
a time of much personal sorrow for my repeated careless-ness about resisting temptations to do what God said was wrong.    When we people use the phrase, it's usually as a curse.  But it's a FACT that Jesus could have said asked God to assign each and every one of us to hell for our sins, not just murder but even gossip.  But He didn't.  Jesus said “I LOVE you.
Dedicated to Our Amazingly Loving Jesus, 8 November 2010 - renewed 8 June 2021

 
Song location  http://dianadeeosbornesongs.com/2009---2011-Song-List.php

LYRICS

1
This song tells a truth that you may not hear in church:
When Jesus Christ came down to live with us on earth,
When He was  “God With Us”,   come to bring us His peace,    [Emmanuel]
teach us the way to Heaven, speak to us face to face,
    and we rejected Him.... and nailed... Him.... to a Cross,

Jesus could have said, “The Hell with you.”
But He said, “I love you.”
Jesus said, “I love you.”
Jesus said “I'll forgive you.
Come to Me!  Please DO NOT CHOOSE HELL!”

 

2
Three years He spoke just love.  Three years worked miracles,
fed us and healed the sick, even raised up the dead.
Jesus brought grace and love, offered us forgiveness,
taught us the way to Heaven, spoke to us face to face,
    and we rejected Him.... and nailed... Him.... to a Cross,

Jesus could have said, “The Hell with you.”
But He said, “I love you.
Come and ask forgiveness.
Just repent for all your sins: 
Come to Me!  Please DO NOT CHOOSE HELL!”


3
Jesus, I'm so sorry.  I too, have caused You pain.
Jesus, I humbly ask” Forgive my ev'ry sin.
I choose You Lord of me.  Romans 10,  I believe!
Verse 9, I call on you:  Save me as You said You would!
    I won't reject You.... though I... need... You to help me.
Jesus could have said, “The Hell with you.”
But He said, “I love you”....
told me, “I love you.”
He said “I'll forgive you:     
   [pause.... Selah.. 'think about it' ]
    Choose Life and not HELL!”   Deuteronomy 30 verse 19.

 

REFERENCES:

Deuteronomy 30: 19 
    “I [God] have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life.” 
Romans 10:9 NKJV
   "if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you WILL  be saved."


©2020, 2010  DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved.  FREE personal usage; see website