Saturday, September 7, 2013

Amazing Grace Rag, by DianaDee Osborne

AMAZING  GRACE  RAG         SUBSCRIBE  
ALBUM:      Amazing Grace 'n' Tears
Song location  http://DianaDeeOsborneSongs.com/Songs-2008-2012.php
CLICK HERE      to hear song

Song Story:  THE  MUSIC:  tempo 160  (2/2 TIME)
That bit of info tells you this is a rockin' version of the old hymn!
This is one of my earliest song gifts from LORD God.  I'd been practicing
GREAT DANE FAITH  while sorting hundreds of music sheets for the praise band
one night.... got distracted.... was filing the sheets for Amazing Grace that we'd
used the week before.... suddenly realized I was singing the old hymn to my new tune.
And it FIT PERFECTLY  with the addition of the prayer....   "IN YOU, MY GOD...."

Original lyrics by John Newton (Public Domain)
Dedicated to our Great God 20 April 2009

LYRICS
VERSE 1
Amazing grace!  How sweet the sound     that saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found,          was blind, but now   I     see.
‘Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,    and grace my fears relieved;
How precious did that grace appear          the    hour I first believed .....  IN
You,            my God,            IN You,        my Lord,
IN  You, my Jesus!

VERSE 2   .
Yea, when my flesh and heart shall fail,    and mortal life shall cease,
I shall possess, within the veil,                     a life of joy and peace.
When I’ve been there 10,000 years,           bright shining as the sun at noon,
I’ve no less days to sing God’s praise        than when I’d  first begun to praise..... OUR 

 Lord    ___    ___    for Your amazing grace,
                           I forever praise You.
                           I forever thank You.   


VERSE 3   .Through many dangers,  toils, and snares,      I have already come;
‘Tis grace hath brought me safe thus far,      and grace will lead me home.
The Lord has promised good to me.            His Word, my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be              as long as life endures .....  WITH
You,        my God,        WITH  You,    My Lord,
WITH You, my Jesus!


---------------------------------------------------
Descant  IN THE BACKGROUND:          

            I will trust in You, my God, and I thank You, my Lord Jesus, and
            I give    You my life because I know  I can trust You, my God,  my
            giver of amazing grace, with thanks I’ll  always seek Your face,  Jesus.

God's SUPPORTING WORDS:
REJOICE IN THE LORD ALWAYS!” -- Philippians 4:4

©2009 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.

No comments:

Post a Comment