Wednesday, May 19, 2021

The LORD's My Shepherd, NOT the "Etc"

The LORD's My Shepherd, NOT the "Etc"


  © 2021, 2008 by DianaDee Osborne Songs.com

===========================================================================================================
MUSICIANS:  Rights for most songs Available;  see end of blog or website "ABOUT US" tab.
===========================================================================================================

Audio MP3 location  

https://dianadeeosbornesongs.com/Songs-2008-2012.php

ALBUM:      Amazing Grace 'n' Tears

Song Story:  THE  MUSIC
       (1)   Written as a call-and-response song   where people can worship and praise our Lord with their eyes closed to all but Him,   not needing a hymnal or screen to know the words.
       (2)   Written like Psalms were sung.... This was among the first dozen songs that I recorded -- all within a couple of months, with the help of a bass player friend who learned my complicated lines so that I could practice other instruments instead before studio recording.


Song Story:  THE  LYRICS:  Written in minutes into my journal.... long before I had any idea what to do with it.  Because in September 2008, I had no home studio,  was 2 months away from first talking with another church's bassist-drummer about my dreams to record.... >>

2 months before Claxton Wilson quietly replied,  "I have a studio."  I had worked the sound board there for a year and had no idea.... It's AMAZING how God pulls together pieces --- like a jigsaw puzzle without the picture. 


Dedicated to our Great God 13 November 2008 -- One of His First dozen songs thru me.

LYRICS

1   LEADER,  then echoed by worshipers
The LORD's my Shepherd    (echo)
I shall not want         (echo)
You lead me beside  (echo)
fresh, still waters  (echo)


2   LEADER,  then echoed by worshipers
Only You give Life.
Only You give Peace.
Only You give Hope.
     ONLY YOU     I'll trust.
Only You give Joy.
Only You give Calm.
Only You give Rest.
     ONLY YOU     I'll trust.

3   UNISON 
Only You .... only You..... Only You.... Only You.... 
Only You .... only You..... Only You.... Only You.... 

4   UNISON fervently -- double tempo
Only You can meet my needs, LORD, 
Only You will I let lead,  LORD,

Only You will be my Shepherd,
     ONLY YOU,  NOT THE "ET CETERA"....
Only You .... only You..... Only You.... 

NOTHING ELSE! 

==============================================

REFERENCES:
Psalm 23,  The LORD is my Shepherd.  I have all that I need.....
He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name.
Even when I walk through the darkest valley,  I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and Your staff protect and COMFORT me.....

©2021, 2008 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved.  FREE personal usage; see website

 ___________________________________________________________________

See also (1) https://FacebookParablesInLife.blogspot.com/  for FACEBOOK PARABLES IN LIFE

and
(2) MUSIC  "LYRICS FOR YOUR MUSIC"   -- already formatted with TIMING, 
copyrighted BUT AVAILABLE  for Musicians (see FUTURE tabs on DianaDeeOsborneSongs.com), website  below) at this BLOG LINK:    https://LyricsForYourMusic.blogspot.com/
(3) 
FREE  music website with  ALMOST 700 MP3 audios, plus ACCOMPANIMENT TRACKS
      & downloadable music sheets, at
http://www.DianaDeeOsbornesongs.com/
           No registration needed to use music website OR to download songs!

©2021, 2008 DianaDee Osborne (all material)all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website. 
CCLI.com  songwriter #P272655
 
HOW TO CONTACT =  via website with NAME in FROM box, or
Welcome to submit COMMENTS for possible blog publication via Facebook Message! 
 
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format. New King James Version used unless otherwise noted.