ALBUM: Amazing LORD 'n' Life
Song location: http://DianaDeeOsborneSongs.com/Songs-2008-2012.php
CLICK HERE for free download
Song Story: THE MUSIC:
I have literally wept for amazement at the honor that God gives me songs like this to develop for you.
Even now as I type this. This is the progression of how I wrote this song:
(1) I’d been thinking about revivals and invitational hymns that come at the end of both revivals and some church services. Many churches have neither.
(2) I’d already been praying for songs that blend the old hymns with new music…. so that younger people won’t “lost” the beauty of songs like JUST AS I AM, and older persons won’t be de-sensitized to God’s message in a song that is so familiar to them.
(3) I sketched out the words in my journal on April 21st.
(4) I sat at the piano and just “had” the melody in my head. Recorded notes in my journal.
(5) Over next couple of weeks I worked out some dramatic gorgeous chords, with God’s help…
(6) Studio 1 recorded Draft 1 on May 10th. Studio 2 recorded the Final on May 13th.
This song comes to you from our Lord Of Hope within 3 weeks
of the development He honored to me.
Portions based on “Just As I Am” Verses 4-7 by Charlotte Elliott
(words) and William B Bradbury (music) (Public Domain)
Dedicated to our Hope-Giving God, 21 April 2011
Hopeless End OR Endless Hope???
Jesus offers ways to COPE.
Holy Spirit helps us pray,
when Pain clouds what words to say......
Father God stretched OUT His arms, with
love and WELCOME:
WILL YOU COME, TODAY?
.... TODAY? Before it's too LATE?
Father, Spirit, Son are ONE.
Mighty God calls YOU to come.
John 3: 16, YOU'RE the World
Jesus loved on that Cross -- and loves still.
Jesus Christ stretched OUT His arms,
love and WELCOMES:
WILL YOU COME, TODAY?
TODAY? Before it's too LATE?
JUST AS I AM - ORIGINAL MELODY, contemporary words:
Just as YOU are, whatever your sin,
Jesus calls you, BEGS you, Come to Him.
Set aside deadly pride. Choose LIFE with God.
Pray Romans 10: 9 and then you'll be saved for heaven.
JUST AS I AM - ORIGINAL MELODY AND Verses
JUST AS I AM, without one plea but that Thy blood was shed for me,
and that Thou bidst me COME to Thee: O, Lamb of God, I come. I come.
JUST AS I AM and WAITING NOT to
rid my soul of one dark blot, to
Thee Whose blood can cleanse each spot, O, Lamb of God, I come. I come.
JUST AS I AM, though tossed about with
many a conflict, many a doubt.
Fightings and fears within, without: O, Lamb of God, I come. I come.
JUST AS I AM, Thou wilt receive, will
WELCOME, PARDON, CLEANSE, RELIEVE.
Because You promise, I believe. O, Lamb of God, I come. I Come.
God's SUPPORTING WORDS:“He who trusts in his own heart is a fool…..” -- Proverbs 28: 26a New King James Version
©2011 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.