Saturday, July 20, 2013

Seized Dreams Redeemed, by DianaDee Osborne

SEIZED  DREAMS  REDEEMED   SUBSCRIBE  
ALBUM:      Amazing  Faith 'n' Freedom   
Song location  http://DianaDeeOsborneSongs.com/Songs-2013.php
CLICK HERE  to hear song (free)

Song Story:  THE  MUSIC:   
As I was driving,  I turned the radio to a station I do not usually hear at that hour.  The radio announcer asked,   “What do you do when your dreams are taken away?”

This was  a question whose wording  I had not thought of.  But I certainly had been thinking a lot about lost dreams.   In the past 3 years, several ministries that I had loved were no longer possible for me to serve God with.  Yet God had, as promised, replaced what had been taken away by circumstances that  I'm sure were not in His will.  Sure after much prayer and talking with pastors and Christ-following friends.  

And so, after this radio question,  I had to pull over into a parking lot, finish my self-centered crying, and talk with our LORD God.  And the lyrics of this song were written in 8 minutes as I answered the radio question for myself.
I changed the words in Line 2a to be “right out loud” instead of just “loud” in order to fit the music.  That was my one change to what I know is God's song. I pray it comforts you too.

dedicated to our LORD of Dreams, 11 July  2013

INTRODUCTION:  THE  RADIO ANNOUNCER:   
Announcer: Welcome to WDDR, DiDoReflectionsDotCom, where the songs remind us of God's command through 2nd Corinthians 3:18,  to  DIE to self,  DO for Christ,  and REFLECT God,  all with the Holy Spirit's help.  Today we've invited callers to ask the questions on their heart, and our first caller is on the line now.  What's your question today?

Caller:   Hey,  I'm  JOHNNY  from FLORIDA   and I was wondering:   
What do you do when you've prayed and prayed, but it seems that all your dreams have been taken away? _______  I   KNOW   the Sunday school answer is to just have faith and wait....   but I was wondering....

Announcer:  That's a GREAT question, _____.  We also know Jesus was FULL of faith, and yet as a human, Jesus also had feelings.  One of God's comforting words to us is in John 11: 35,  that Jesus had faith and yet wept.....  Often it takes MORE faith to trust God in the sad times....  to trust God even when it seems that all our our dreams have been seized.  To trust that, like God says in Romans 8: 28,  God WILL  redeem our dreams and bring something good....  in time.......

DURING INTERLUDE:   Repeat caller's question     (above).

LYRICS
VERSE  1 - SORROWFULLY
First you cry -- maybe inside.  
Not wanting others to see weakness.
Then you whine for awhile,  to yourself.  Maybe to God.

trying hard to keep inside   heartbreak    at lost dreams.

INTERLUDE  1      Jeremiah 29: 11-13
'For I know the plans that I  have for you,' declares the LORD, 
'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.  
'Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 
You will seek Me and 
FIND  Me when you search for Me with all your heart.”
[The LORD God is speaking to His people Israel in Jeremiah 29...  BUT
through His son Jesus, God invites ANYONE who accepts Him as LORD to be

part of this promise... Grafted In  to God's chosen people;  see Romans 11.]

VERSE  2  - LOUDLY
Then you declare -- right out LOUD:   
“I SHALL  I  SHALL  TRUST  my  God!”
“No MATTER  how I hurt inside -- 
I TRUST  God's Love  through Mark 9 times.
[Mark 9 is full of descriptions of sorrow filled times -- and of FAITH,
like the father's faith-filled prayer “I believe... Help my unbelief!”]

“I trust God REDEEMS our dreams.... even when they're seized.”

INTERLUDE  2       Ephesians 3: 20-21
“ Now to Him  who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.” 

PART 3 -  CHORUS
No matter what dreams have been seized,   God
KEEPS all His promises to redeem your dreams.
Even if your FIRST dreams are destroyed or seized,  when

you surrender your hopes to God, 
God brings more than you ever could have dreamed!

God's SUPPORTING WORDS:
CONCLUSION      First Chronicles 4: 9a  and 10
Now Jabez was more honorable than his brothers And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying, "Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain!"    So God granted him what he requested.    (NKJV all)

©2013 DianaDee Osborne (all material)all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.

No comments:

Post a Comment