Monday, March 18, 2013

Psalm 6 Hearing Tears, by DianaDee Osborne

PSALM  6  HEARING  TEARS 
ALBUM:      Amazing  Power 'n' Prayers   
Song location  http://DianaDeeOsborneSongs.com/NEW-Songs.php
CLICK HERE FOR AUDIO  download (FREE)  

Song Story:  THE  MUSIC:   
           Lyrics AND music were written in the parking lot during the 15 minutes before band practice started.   This is GOD's song.... yet again:)
           I had been playing God's-through-me song “Sunday School Answers”
over and over during the week.  So a song of God bringing us through sorrows was a WONDERFUL gifting from Him that day!

            I wanted to have a completely different style,  so I put joyful  music at the start,  then took out most of the instrumentation for  the sad central part which contains God's exact wording in the middle of Psalm 6.  
           Well, as exact as we can be, considering that I don't know Hebrew:)

           Then as I repeated the chorus,  I just wanted something “more.” 
           I pulled out one of the many hymnals on my resource shelf and
started looking for an “old and forgotten” hymn. 
Contemporary music is great and
I love it.... but the old hymns just really touch our hearts sometime in sorrow.
I prayed of course while looking.  Could not find anything in the index that seemed
to fit what I was searching.  Then God guided me to find a hymn written just short of TWO CENTURIES ago.   I really like.... have felt.....  the old-fashioned sorrow-filled words like “languish”.

       Wow.  And the SAME God who guided Thomas Moore to write these words to
    Samuel  Webbe's 1792 music   
is the SAME God who guides us to find HIS Words today. 
In His Bible,  In His Psalms,  in His  Songs in our hearts.... Zephaniah 3.
Dedicated to our CARING God, 6 November 2012

LYRICS
CHORUS
"The LORD GOD has heard my prayer!
The LORD God receives it!
Day and night.... I'm drenched with tears.
But God hears my weeping!"
    Here's the prayer that God answered:
Psalm 6:  God hears tears.  Psalm 6:  God... Hears... Tears!


PART 1
1

"O LORD, do not rebuke me,  or chasten me in anger.  Have
mercy on me, I am weak.  I'm sick LORD.  Please heal me!  My
soul also is greatly troubled.  LORD,  deliver me!
Return O LORD for Your mercy's sake."
Return, LORD, to me!   I pray this Psalm 6 Prayer to God,
    Who hears all tears.

I pray this Psalm 6 Prayer to God  Who hears all tears.


2
"I am weary with groanings.  Crushed by tears, please heal me.  I
waste away because of grief  from those who choose to hurt me.
Depart from me, all you who sin,  seeking t cause harm. 
May you be shamed and greatly troubled.
Turn back from your sins.   I pray this Psalm 6 Prayer to God,
    Who hears all tears."
I pray this Psalm 6 Prayer to God  Who hears all tears.

PART 2  (hymn)
3

Come, ye disconsolate,  wherever ye languish.
Come to the mercy seat.  Fervently kneel!
Here bring your wounded hearts.
Here tell your anguish.
       Earth has no sorrow that LORD GOD cannot heal!


4
JOY to the desolate.  LIGHT  of the straying.
HOPE of the penitent,  sorrowing for sins.
Here speaks the Comforter.
With LOVE, the Holy Spirit calls.
      This life has no sorrow that Jesus cannot heal!

God's SUPPORTING WORDS:
“I am worn out from groaning; all night long I flood my bed with weeping and drench my couch with tears. My eyes grow weak with sorrow; they fail because of all my foes.  Away from me, all you who do evil, for the LORD has heard my weeping.  The LORD has heard my cry for mercy;   the LORD accepts my prayer. ”    -- Psalm 6: 6 to 9

©2012 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.
Part 2 is based on  “Come Ye Disconsolate” - Tune by by Samuel  Webbe Sr. (1792), words by Thomas Moore (1816);  altered by Thomas Hastings in 1831.  CCLI # 213047.

With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.

No comments:

Post a Comment