Wednesday, November 13, 2013

CHEMO PRAYER (song), by DianaDee Osborne

CHEMO PRAYER             SUBSCRIBE  
ALBUM:      Amazing  Power 'n' Prayers   
Song location  http://DianaDeeOsborneSongs.com/Songs-2013
               CLICK HERE    TO HEAR SONG  (FREE)  

COMMENTS WELCOME.

Song Story:  THE  LYRICS:  
The lyrics were written at the altar in about 15 minutes, in August 2013 and posted on the World Wide Web on my http://dianadeesongstories.blogspot.com
blog a few days later.  Although I'd been thinking about the song for almost 3 months, suddenly -- again at the altar -- on 12 November, I decided that I wanted to immediately finish this song.
       And, because I'm not really 'talented' (as explained in many song stories, including for THIRD OF DESPAIR AND HOPE), I did what is not just habit but requirement before I'm able to write a song:  I humbly asked God. With apologies for the rush as I asked Him for the music to record at my Studio 1 pre-scheduled session that same night.
Dedicated to our  God Who loves, 26 August 2013.
With thoughts and prayers for my friend Sarwat

Song Story:  THE  MUSIC:  
    The almost 10 instrument music tracks were written and recorded in 3 hours.  I had  returned to my home studio, tried a few melody lines. Uggh.  So I went to the Garage-band (studio program) LOOPS Library to try a few to see if I'd get any ideas.  The **VERY FIRST LOOP** that I tried is the main jazzy theme music that runs through all these verses.  The *SECOND* Loop I tried follows that one, with me just changing its key. The *3RD* Loop I tried -- and all of these are in different “families” of sound -- fit. With this foundation,  I easily 'heard' ideas from the Holy Spirit for the 3 melody pieces.

Song Story:  THE  BACKGROUND:    I'd been fighting sickness of another type for 3 years that also is 'invisible' and extremely exhausting at times... leading to some sad prayers and then apologies to God amid weariness.  I've known many persons with cancer including Dad who died after a short bout with an aggressive one.
            But not until a friend began showing how she maintained trust in God and determination to not waste hours but still enjoy God's gifts through her sickening chemo period that it dawned on me... I've been praying 5 years for God to guide me to write songs to encourage people to trust His CARE (1st Peter 5:7 and simple logic when we feel well enough to remember all the evidences of God's love). But it never had dawned on me to pray for a Song Prayer to help cancer patients. 'Til Now. Music written in 1 hour. God's. 

LYRICS
1
I am really really sick, LORD, and really, really tired.   I'm
really really wondering what's happening inside.
    Is this chemo that's so sick'ning killing cancer here in me?
        Is this chemo that's so sick'ning killing cancer here in me?
Though this cancer  has me sick, what I pray most is this:    GOD,
help me stand fast, trust Your Word  -- First Corinthians 15.
    You declare this life on earth is just a short shadow of .............

CHORUS
    ETERNAL LIFE WITH YOU IN HEAV'N for ALL who name Jesus Lord -- 

and I DO!  Romans 10, Verse 9 is Your TRUE promise to 
ALL who repent of sins
    and ask Jesus to come within
---- John 14: 23
    (Thank You LORD, thank You LORD Thank You LORD!)

INTERLUDE    Selah.... listen with God

2
Just the thought of moving off this place really sickens me.  And
Just the smell, just the thought of food is nauseating.
    Is this chemo that's so sick'ning killing cancer here in me?
        Is this chemo that's so sick'ning killing cancer here in me?

Though this cancer  has me sick, what I pray most is this:    GOD,
help me fight these temptations that say to question God's Love.
    In my brain fog, help me recall all Your promises of .............

CHORUS
    ETERNAL LIFE WITH YOU IN HEAV'N for ALL who name Jesus Lord -- and I
    DO!  Romans 10, Verse 9 is Your TRUE promise to ALL who repent of sins
    and ask Jesus to come within ---- John 14: 23. 
    (Thank You LORD, thank You LORD Thank You LORD!)
INTERLUDE    Selah.... listen with God

3
I SHALL choose to trust the LORD God Who
suffered to set me free   from the
chains of death either now or then, in eternity.
    Is this chemo that's so sick'ning killing cancer here in me?
        Is this chemo that's so sick'ning killing cancer here in me?

Though this cancer  has me sick, what I pray most is this:    GOD,
help me SERVE and worship You, and still give You all Glory.
    Use me any way You want to help people SEEK You,  FIND.............

CHORUS
    ETERNAL LIFE WITH YOU IN HEAV'N for ALL who name Jesus Lord -- and I
    DO!  Romans 10, Verse 9 is Your TRUE promise to ALL who repent of sins
    and ask Jesus to come within ---- John 14: 23. 
    (Thank You LORD, thank You LORD Thank You LORD!)
INTERLUDE    Selah.... listen with God

READING -- God's SUPPORTING WORDS:
First Peter 5: 5-10:  “Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.  Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.
Resist him, steadfast in the faith,
knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world. 
But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus,
after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you.”  -NKJV

©2013 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.

No comments:

Post a Comment