Saturday, January 11, 2014

Church Pew Prayer Song (lyrics), by DianaDee Osborne

CHURCH  PEW  PRAYER SONG      SUBSCRIBE  

This FUTURE song's Draft Lyrics (music not yet completed) is subject to change.
It is, however, copyrighted in this format, for private usage only.
MUSICIANS:  Rights for lyrics for songs not yet being worked with music are available; 
as are various  recording & publication rights for completed songs in Blog.  
Communicate ok via Comment below or Facebook message  to DianaDee.Osborne.

ALBUM:      Amazing Holy Spirit 'n' Church

Song location  http://dianadeeosbornesongs.com/Home.php
                                                     (pending for FUTURE SONGS  tab)
                                                     REFERENCE:  Journal  23-192 dtd 11 January 2014


Song Story:  THE  LYRICS:
           On a dreary rainy day, I trudged along for an hour in the gym and then
went to the church to pray... But it was one of those days when my mind seemed filled
with many things besides God.  I started thinking of
all the times that I had sat in a church pew 
before church service, supposedly "centering down" 
with God in preparation to worship Him, 
and yet started thinking of problems etc.

          As I prayed for forgiveness this day, these lyrics same to mind immediately.
On my knees I wrote them straight through.  Not a single word was changed.
God gave my the rhythm and the rhymes to turn this prayer into a prayer SONG.
As He so graciously does so very many times.

          With deep gratefulness, I dedicate this God's song to Him in
sorrow at how often I've thought I was worshiping in a church pew.... and
in deep gratitude knowing that when we pray Romans 8:26, asking God's
Holy Spirit to tell us WHAT to say in prayers.... He really does! God's so Awesome!

LYRICS
1
God __ on this church pew as I 
wait till the service begins, _ _ You
know my head is CLUTTERED _ with _
thoughts of many _ things. _ _ I
pray Your words of James 4:8, __
God -- I come to You. _ _ _
even _ as I sit _ waiting _ 
upon this church pew.

2
Here __ on this church pew I have
come _to worship __ You. _ _ _
YOU ALONE are Holy __ Righteous __
I ask from this pew: _ _ Please
give me words, Holy Spirit, I pray-- __
Romans 8:  26. _ _ _
Without __ You, I cannot __ worship __
You the way You deserve it. __ __

CHORUS
As we all sit in church pews, __ 
        God help us deeply worship You. __
As we praise You through music,
        help us focus on You -- not us. __
Protect all who SPEAK Your Word __
        from Satan who tries to confuse.
Protect all who HEAR Your Word __
        Help us remember ALL Your Truth. __
God, as we worship at church pews, _or   
at Your altar or anywhere in church: __     
Give us wisdom, give us words __            
to declare our praise, Your Worth. __       

3
Here __ on these church pews  we have
come _to worship __ You. _ _ _
YOU ALONE are Holy __ Righteous! __
We ask from these pews: _ Give Your
Church Your words, Holy Spirit, we pray-- __
Romans 8:  twenty-six. _ _ _
Without __ You, we cannot __ worship __
You the way You deserve it. __ __  >  CHORUS

God's SUPPORTING WORDS:
ROMANS 8: 26 - 27, New King James Version:
Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for usfn with groanings which cannot be uttered.  Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

James 4: 7 - 8,  New Living Translation
So humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come close to God, and God will come close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners; purify your hearts, for your loyalty is divided between God and the world.

©2014 DianaDee Osborne (all material)all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.

No comments:

Post a Comment