Saturday, September 1, 2012

Albino Spiders, by DianaDee Osborne

ALBINO SPIDERS

ALBUM:      Amazing God  'n' Camp

Song Story:  THE  MUSIC
I really don't know where the weird music "in my head" came from, except to say "from God."  I was going for a sound that sounded like long-legged spiders dropping down from a wall. The growly noise that starts the song is a loop I just "found" in Garageband (see also my blog dianadeegarageband).  Claxton in my 2nd professional studio grabbed his drumsticks and started creating all those weird-er percussion sounds to match the mood!
THE  LYRICS:
Sadly... amusingly... this song is a TRUE story.  After leaving ALIVE 2009 and driving several hundred miles to the CREATION 2009 music festival, sure enough---a bunch of child's-hand-size white spiders hopped out of my tent case.  And I did pray that I had not introduced a new species to the Pennsylvania mountains.  However, after having gone to CREATION music festivals for ten years, the year 2010 was the first year I saw albino spiders at my Pennsylvania campsite.  As the song says,   I sure hope Pennsylvania  already had .......!
Dedicated to our God Who Heals Mistakes,  27 June 2010

Song location  http://dianadeeosbornesongs.com/2009---2011-Song-List.php
Song Lyrics: 
1
It surely was not my intent that when I packed my camping tent,
    I packed in some albino spiders too!
        I drove them for 500 miles, all tucked in my Ohio pile of
           gear on my way to my new camp site.
2
I opened my packed tent case.....     Out  FIVE  albino spiders came.....
    I sure was not about   to chase them through
        Pennsylvania hills and drive them home to Ohio!
3
I sure hope Pennsylvania had albino spiders before I made
this mistake in taking five    to their country side.
    God, please forgive mistakes I made and stop any hurt I
       made that day.  I can't stop spiders, but You can stop the hurt.
4
God, I sometimes hurt Your heart.  I ask “Forgive me” and You do.
    But I beg you to heal  any hurt I made...
        I'm sorry, God, please stop hurt I caused You!
5
God, I sometimes hurt people.  I ask “Forgive me” and they do.
    But I beg You to heal  any hurt I made...
        I'm sorry, God, please stop hurt I caused people!
6
Romans 7 sure describes me.   I keep doing things I don't mean to do.
God, heal the hurt I've caused, I pray!  Hurt to YOU, hurt to others,
    to Your World!  Please heal the hurts I've made!
REFERENCES:
God's Word includes these two encouraging passages:  From Hebrews 4:16, New KJV:
    “Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we
         may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. “

From 2nd Corinthians 12: 9...   “And He [Jesus] said ...'My grace is sufficient for thee:
    for My strength is made perfect in weakness.
“ 
©2010 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved.  FREE personal usage; see website