Wednesday, September 19, 2012

My Heart Rejoices (First Samuel 2), by DianaDee Osborne

MY HEART REJOICES (1 Samuel 2)
ALBUM:      Amazing Word 'n' Worship
Song location   https://dianadeeosbornesongs.com/Songs-2008-2012.php

 
Song Story:  THE  MUSIC
       I'd already finished practicing before choir members arrived, so I just started playing "anything" at the piano.  This entire piece was written in minutes into my journal.... 

      THE  LYRICS:  This plus “YOURS O MY LORD”  was written during the first week that God gave me the idea for taking His actual Word and molding it into music (before I had any concept of what God would develop through DiDoReflections).  So these two songs became the first in a NEW ALBUM... and I surely never expected God to honor me with enough songs to more than fill all these albums!
       I'd always loved the  history of Hannah receiving a gift from God at a time when women were usually  considered inferior. It shows us a wonderful view into God's compassionate heart.    Even when we see how insignificant we seem to be in this world,  nevertheless we are of great importance to the Creator of the Universe, Who answers prayers... LET OUR HEARTS REJOICE! 

Dedicated to our Worthy God, 8 September 2009 

 
LYRICS ... 1 Samuel 2 :  1-4
1
“My heart rejoices in the LORD!
My heart is exalted in the LORD!
I smile at my enemies because I rejoice in
Your salvation.
2
No one is holy like the  LORD.
For there is none beside You,  God.

Nor is there any Rock like Our God.
Talk no more so very proudly.
3
Say no arrogance with your mouth,
For the LORD is the God of knowledge,
and by our God, actions are weighed,
and those who stumble are girded with strength.”
TAG
First Samuel 2,  verse 1 through 4.
This was Hannah's worship song.
This shall be my praise all day long!

REFERENCES:  ARROGANCE ( 1 Samuel 2: 3 )

James 4:16 New KJV:   But now you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil.
Isaiah 13: 11  (God speaking):   "I will punish the world for [its] evil, And the wicked for their iniquity; I will halt the arrogance of the proud, And will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.
ISAIAH 29: 19.  The humble also shall increase their joy in the LORD, And the poor among men shall rejoice In the Holy One of Israel.


©2021, 2009 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved.  FREE personal usage; see website