Saturday, August 3, 2013

Amazing Grace Blues, by DianaDee Osborne

AMAZING  GRACE  BLUES
ALBUM:      Amazing Grace 'n' Tears

Song location  http://DianaDeeOsborneSongs.com/Songs-2008-2012.php
CLICK HERE      to hear song  (FREE)

Song Story:  
        This was the first song gift from LORD God. While waiting for a delayed music festival big-name band to begin (the stage had to be dried off after yet another storm in Ohio USA), I opened my journal and began listing music-related prayers.  #1 was for God to greatly improve my voice; and He assuredly has, to the point that it's not Painful for demo tracks of songs:)   

         Then I listed prayers like for wisdom leading the praise band, 
for finding more interesting electric bass runs than just playing root notes, 
for more guitar skills, 
for powerful  keyboard progressions like Trans Siberian Orchestra uses.  
By #19, the stage STILL was not ready for the band to begin.  
So I fished out my flashlight from my backpack, prayed more, and wrote the next 6 prayers that I prayed almost DAILY at the gym and elsewhere for years (and still do quite often, not taking God's giftings for granted). 

          And thus I added #20:  LORD God, I'd really like to serve You writing songs that draw people to glorify You -- NOT me.  Jazz would be nice; there aren't many of those.


Other song stories explained that I really TRIED to write songs for the next few years... just proving that all the songs on this website are from GOD and not my own skills.  AMAZING GRACE BLUES  was the very first song I  "wrote", using Isaac Newton's song as a base,  in fall 2006.  It quickly became a favorite with the congregation where I served the Lord.

For more details about those next years and how God "opened the floodgates" and poured out songs for me to develop, see song stories like for 
ABOVE MY SORROW SEA.

Dedicated to our LORD God,  ALIVE Music Festival USA, June 2006.
"Technically"  I did not write this arrangement until 2007.... but I've always felt that it was God's first gifting that began His development work in June 2006.

LYRICS
verses  1 & 2
Amazing grace!  How sweet the sound that
saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost, but now am found.  

                 Was blind, but now I see.
'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
and grace my fears relieved.
How precious did that grace appear 

                  the hour I first believed.
CHORUS 
Amazing grace!__ __  How sweet the sound __ __
that saved a wretch __ __ __ __  like me. __ __
I once was lost, __ ___ but now am found, ___  was 

                 blind ---------- but now I see!

verses  3 & 4          
Through many dangers,  toils, and snares,      
I have already come;
‘Tis grace hath brought me safe thus far,        

                        and grace will lead me home.
The Lord has promised good to me.                

His Word, my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be 

                        as long as life endures.
CHORUS 
Amazing grace!__ __  How sweet the sound __ __
that saved a wretch __ __ __ __  like me. __ __
I once was lost, __ ___ but now am found, ___  was 

                 blind ---------- but now I see!
verses  5 & 6          
Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,         
and mortal life shall cease,
I shall possess, within the veil,                         

                      a life of joy and peace.
When we’ve been there 10,000 years,             

bright shining as the sun,
We’ve no less days to sing God’s praise than 

                      when we’d first begun!  
CHORUS 
Amazing grace!__ __  How sweet the sound __ __
that saved a wretch __ __ __ __  like me. __ __
I once was lost, __ ___ but now am found, ___  was 

                 blind ---------- but now I see!

©2006 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.

No comments:

Post a Comment