Thursday, August 15, 2013

Lullaby TO God, by DianaDee Osborne

LULLABY  TO   GOD
ALBUM:      Amazing Love 'n' Lullabies
COMPANION  SONG TO  "Lullaby  OF  God",  on the Amazing Grace 'n' Tears album.

Song location  http://DianaDeeOsborneSongs.com/Songs-2008-2012.php
CLICK HERE      to hear song  (FREE)

Song Story:   The subtitle of this song is "Shelter in Your Arms."  See the song story for
the companion song Lullaby Of God,  to learn why.  For this song's story:

At 3:33 AM on the morning after Claxton at Valley Worship & Praise Studio
and I had recorded LULLABY OF GOD, 
                       I awoke thinking of how often we people hurt God.  
                       About how perhaps HE would enjoy having someone who loved Him 
to sing soothing words to HIM, as a mother comforts her child,
as God Himself comforts us. ....
        And then I thought – why not? 

Why can’t we who love our Lord deeply express our love
            through lulling words of worship?  
           This song falls under the  subject of Evangelism because of the line 
“Love won't force me.  I choose You.  You won't force me.”  
Even God does not force Himself on people; 
Christ followers must follow His steps, 
       must let the Holy Spirit  guide listeners
                 after we present His Good News.

        THIS SONG initiated the concept for the AMAZING LOVE 'N' LULLABIES album; 

up until then, I had not idea whatsoever that God would continue to gift songs to His world through me. I am still astounded by His honor of letting me develop His songs.


Dedicated to our Lord, 24 December 2008

LYRICS
INTRODUCTION
All the many times God has said "I Love you"
in both words and in His actions, including on the Cross,
He MEANT  them.  But He loves and RESPECTS us
too much to FORCE us to come to Him.
This song is a prayer lullaby FROM us to our Amazing,
             Sheltering God.

our lullaby to God....

“I  LOVE  YOU.”   

Don’t think that my words mean nothing.
I’m sorry I was slow to hear You  calling.
I yearn to be  held     in Your arms.  For-
give my sins  that  hurt Your heart.  Help
me to hold    You  in my heart.

Lord, God, ..... I come..... to You:
Love  won’t force me.       I choose
You.    You won’t force me.    I love
You.    Please protect me.    I sought
You,    and found You love me.       In Your
arms,     I found my shelter.... and learned  love.


©2011 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.
With thanks to Carey Priebe for working to provide BASS for the first songs,
like this one,  giving me more time to develop other parts of God's many growing song giftings....
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.

No comments:

Post a Comment