Friday, August 30, 2013

Make Slow O LORD (Psalm 70 Remix), by DianaDee Osborne

MAKE SLOW  O  LORD  (Psalm 90 remix)
"How Firm a Foundation"                    SUBSCRIBE  
ALBUM:      Amazing Psalms 'n' Promises
Song location  http://DianaDeeOsborneSongs.com/Songs-2008-2012.php
CLICK HERE      to hear song  (FREE)

Song Story: 
The 150 Psalms were all sung in David's time.   I have been praying for more music to bring people back to worship God with His original song gifts.  

While researching Psalms, I found that David repeatedly prayed "Make HASTE" as he prayed for deliverance: 38:22, 40:13, 70:1 (twice, which is why that's the source for this song), 70:5 
(plus "make no tarrying" in NKJV... I smile each time I see that wording), 
and then there's  71:12, and 141:1.  I simply began considering David's OTHER many prayers to God and words from God like Psalm 49:10 -- WAIT on God.

Consider:   God...
(1)    loves us
(2)    knows what He's doing.... and therefore
(3)    knows the right timing....

 so why  would we demand our own timing for deliverance? 

I wrote this song as God guided me to remember....

TRUST in the Lord... Proverbs 3: 5-6   Often we learn something from trials, or the solution is not yet prepared. 

A prime example is DiDoReflections.com
God did not "make haste" to give me song gifts when I first asked... Far from it! Years!
He waited for me to learn some lessons,  and for the time when it was right for me to
--  accidentally' find Strong Tower church where I met 
--  the producer of not just one but both DiDoR studios, 
--  where I met the Spanish translator, 
--  where I heard the sermons on the Prayer of Jabez that led me to pray, and more (see tab "About Us" and the song story for "Third of Despair and Hope"). 

There's no need to beg God to "make haste",  when  HIS timing is knowing if  it's best to  "Make Slow." Dedicated to God our Foundation, 20 November  2010

LYRICS
1
Make slow, O Lord, to deliver me. 
Make slow to help me lest I drift from You and stop
turning to You when I need help.   
    Be my Rock, Whom I must call    “Lord!”


2Psalmist David was great but His Psalm 70 is
NOT a prayer You'll hear from me, for I trust
in Your right Time to give me Your help.   
    Be my Rock, Whom I must call    “Lord!”


BRIDGE

Yes!     I do want a happy Life!                     
Yes!        I want freedom from all strife!          
Yes!              I want money,  and long life!     
       
       But I want God more than anything.             

                     so Make slow, O Lord, my Lord.        
 

3 
O let all who seek You rejoice in You, Lord.  Help us
love You continually................  Help us
trust Your right Time to give help.
    Be our Rock, Whom we must call    “Lord!”

 

4 
Make FAST all who seek You.  
Give us faith in Your Word.  Strengthen
us to just trust You lest we drift from You and stop
turning to You when we need help.   
    Be our Rock, Whom we must call    “Lord!”


CHORUS
  (hymn based on   “How Firm a Foundation”,
        melody by John Rippon, Public Domain, CCLI #107816

How firm a foundation God always provides to
those who stand on God as OUR only Guide.  He
strengthens us, helps us to take a firm stand in
God's holy righteous, all-powerful hand.   [repeat]

God's SUPPORTING WORDS:
Psalm 5:11 NKJV,  "But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You; Let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them; Let those also who love Your name Be joyful in You. For You, O LORD, will bless the righteous; With favor You will surround him as [with] a shield."
©2010 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.

No comments:

Post a Comment