Monday, September 17, 2012

Psalm 134 Ascending, by DianaDee Osborne

PSALM 134 ASCENDING
ALBUM:      Amazing Psalms 'n' Promises
Song location   https://dianadeeosbornesongs.com/Songs-2008-2012.php
 

Song Story:  THE  MUSIC
        I was playing around with an F chord riff on the keyboard.... something I don't usually do since I still struggle with that chord on guitar (small hands that hurt so far for that one!). I liked what I recorded, and thought I'd throw in a quick foundation piano for some depth.
       Then started adding some drums for fill.... then found a cool bass line to add.... and a plucking acoustic guitar riff for deliberate conflict in places.  I finally decided that trumpets were  best to stand above the sonic sound in place and build God's praise song to its conclusion. 


       The Holy Spirit guided me to write all this music in 2 hours and 15 minutes. This, like other DianaDee songs, is not genius even to people who like the style.... such fast and exciting music is beyond my training and natural skills.  This is God's empowering. I’m no one special.  God will do the same for ANY one who asks for wisdom (James 1:5) and empowering (Ephesians 3:20-21) and protection (Ephesians 6: 10-end).

Song Story:  THE  LYRICS:  I prayed to find a psalm that would fit the music.... and the area of the 130s came to mind.  I don't know where the idea for a different descant lyrics came from.... Except God;  I just started singing the words while listening to a first draft recording.  Psalm 134's short but exciting praise words fit God's music perfectly! The words are straight out of God's Bible.  Dedicated to Life-Giving Jesus, 15 November 2011

LYRICS

VOICES   1     (music box style, classical piano …  medium voices )
  
  BEHOLD!  Bless the LORD God,  all you servants of LORD God!
    Lift hands in His sanctuary.
    Bless our LORD God, day and night!
VOICES   2   (heavy classical, almost hard rock style …   high  voices )

    Bless the LORD!   Lift your thanks.
    Bless the LORD!   Lift your hands.
VOICES   3   (hip hop style …   deep  voices )
    I lift up my PRAISE to God.
    I lift up blessings to LORD God.
    I lift up my hands and worship
    God Who’s lifted   OVER ALL!


END  (SPOKEN):  
PSALM  134,  a Psalm of Ascending…. a psalm of lifting our voices, lifting our hands ---- lifting our praises, lifting our blessings to LORD GOD Who is Ascended Above All.

 REFERENCES:

Psalm 134,  New King James Version
“A Song of Ascents. Behold, bless the LORD, All you servants of the LORD, Who by night stand in the house of the LORD!   Lift up your hands in  the sanctuary,  And bless the LORD.  The LORD who made heaven and earth,    Bless you from Zion! “ 


 Psalm 134,  RVR - Reina-Valera 1960 Version
“1  Mirad, bendecid a Jehová, Vosotros todos los siervos de Jehová, Los que en la casa de Jehová estáis por las noches.   2 Alzad vuestras manos al santuario, Y bendecid a Jehová. 3   Desde Sion te bendiga Jehová, El cual ha hecho los cielos y la tierra.”


©2021, 2011 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved.  FREE personal usage; see website