Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Fear Free Prayer, by DianaDee Osborne

FEAR  FREE  PRAYER
ALBUM:      Amazing Power 'n' Prayers
Song location  http://DianaDeeOsborneSongs.com/Songs-2008-2012.php

Song Story:  THE  LYRICS:  After awakening very early, I found myself instantly continuing a prayer for dear friends -- ages 7 and 9 -- that I'd fallen asleep praying for.  Not being very 'full of wisdom', I'd been especially praying for God's wisdom on how to share my thoughts with them.  It came to mind that, hey, God gives me songs of His Word to develop for His people.   So I prayed for a song, immediately thought of the scriptures in this song, and wrote the lyrics in about 15 minutes.  (It took half that time to look up verses, since I didn't have my computer resource www.blueletterbible.org beside me!)    I, DianaDee, am NOT  “special.”   As someone has said, God our Heavenly Father does play favorites with His children---- We are EACH ONE  His "favorite child"!  When you ask God for wisdom, God SHALL answer.  “Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for
He who promised is faithful.”   -- Hebrews 10:23.

Song Story:  THE  MUSIC:  At the keyboard, the melody took about 6 minutes at the most.  Written music was online three hours later (both lyrics and music files), and the audio was recorded at the studio that night.
       The keyboard's pedal wasn't working right, so the result is a very interesting "weak" sound that reflects a person's feelings when fearful.  Claxton Wilson added some drumwork to emphasize God's emphases in His Word.  There in the studio, I added a quick "flute" line using the controller --
       and we kept the final version.  It just seems "right" for God's Words of comfort in our fears.  Two years later, a pastor kindly reminded me:  We cannot control our feelings.  But we CAN choose to ignore feelings and Trust our LORD God through them.
Dedicated to our Protector God, 4 June 2010
LYRICS
1
When fears try to fill my heart, I'll
race to God!    I won't depart from
God's Word like Second Timothy,
Chapter One,  Verse 7  God promises me:

GOD'S PROMISE:     [spoken,  2 Timothy 1:7] 

“God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.”
2
No evil spirit can fill my mind.  I'll
trust God's Word that God's Spirit dwells with mine.
God's Word like Second Timothy,
Chapter One,  Verse 14  God guarantees me:

GOD'S PROMISE:      [spoken]
Second Timothy 1, Verse 13 begins saying to hold fast the pattern of sound words which you have heard in God's Word.  Verse 14 quote:  “That good thing which was committed to you, keep by the Holy Spirit who dwells in us. ”  That Good Thing is God's revelation of His Word given to you.  Don't DOUBT it.  Don't doubt GOD.
3
When I feel Satan attack me, I'll
resist Satan and he MUST flee.  When
I call God,  God comes to me:  James
Four, verses 7 and 8,   God guarantees me:

GOD'S PROMISE:      [spoken]
 “Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.   Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.....”     (James 4: 7-8)
4  
God -- This is not just a song.  I
ASK You, humbly, praying day and all night long.
Fill me with Your Holy Spirit.  And
Thank You for freeing me from all evil spirits.  

GOD'S PROMISE:     [spoken]
From Ephesians 6  (verses 10 to 18)
“... be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.   Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.  For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,    Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.   

        Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness,  and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;   above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;   
        praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints..."      THESE ARE  ALL
ALL ACTION VERBS --  OUR   RESPONSIBILITY TO ACT... 
 then God does exactly what HE PROMISED to do after we obey.

©2010 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved.  FREE personal usage; see website

No comments:

Post a Comment