Wednesday, October 31, 2012

DOOM AND GLOOM - Jesus Loves Me, by DianaDee Osborne


DOOM  AND  GLOOM  (Jesus Loves me)

Yes -- I   DID  deliberately pick this title for Halloween!
ALBUM:      Amazing LORD 'n'  LIFE
Song location  http://DianaDeeOsborneSongs.com/Songs-2008-2012.php
Song Story:  THE  MUSIC:
        I had been working with Johnny Kyle at J&T Studio as my Initial-Recordings studio for only a a year and we hadn't yet done so many “weird” songs like “Yellow Brick Road” and “Who Taught Butterflies”   when I brought this project in.  Laughter still bursts out to remember his reaction to the conjunction of these two song titles... but, hey, GOD has a sense of humor and the ridiculous pair of songs shows like a
parable, the ridiculous pairing of our complaints and fears with the fact that Jesus Loves MeMUSIC story:  This song begin a year before its final recording ----  as a simple piano challenge to myself.. 
       I had played “Jesus Loves Me” like the usual church hymn.  Then I decided to 'bring it up a notch'  with a ragtime beat.  Then I decided to write a song with three versions of the old hymn within the same song:  Regular,  Ragtime,  and Hip Hop.  But my efforts at hip hop were, shall we say?,  “ho hum....”  So I set aside the song in my Drafts file.... but did not forget it.  I really don't remember how I suddenly came up with the idea of using mysterious background music instead of hip hop... it just seemed like  IRONIC FUN  to show how often we fervently say “Jesus loves me”  and then start worrying about all the doom and gloom we hear,  especially on the news about earthquakes and crazy weather and complete countries going into a financial meltdown.  (Come to think of it, maybe it was the local earthquake that inspired....)
      The cool thing to me:  Somehow when I started plugging in drum loops to see what would sound interesting with the gloomy mysterious music, I ended up with sorta hip hop beats after all.  The “some  how”   is,   obvious to me and to so many Christ-followers,   “God  How.”
With my deep thanks to Him.  And, I confess, much laughter.  My recording producers just slowly shake their heads and laugh when I bring in songs like this ready to produce! 
Dedicated to our Loving Jesus, 13 Sept 2010 (initial recordings), renewed 11 Oct 2011.
LYRICS
1 and 2
Doom and gloom canNOT scare me ‘cause
I’m with Jesus and Jesus is with me...    Matthew 28, verse 20
          Doom and gloom canNOT scare me ‘cause  
          
 I’m with Jesus and Jesus is with me... Hebrews 13,  verse 5.
3

Doom and gloom canNOT scare me ‘cause
God is with me even when I cannot see.. Matthew Chapter 1:  23.

 

INTERLUDE
Jesus loves me, this I know ............   For the Bible tells me so..............
 

4      (Begins "playful" music)
Jesus loves me, this I know.   For the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong.     We're all weak, but He is strong.  (repeat)
REPEAT    1-
Doom and gloom canNOT scare me ‘cause
I’m with Jesus and Jesus is with me....
   Matthew 28, verse 20
REPEAT   2-
Doom and gloom canNOT scare me ‘cause
I’m with Jesus and Jesus is with me. 
            [no scripture]

5      (Begins ragtime music)
Jesus loves me, this I know.      John 3: 16 tells me so.
Jesus came to save the world.    Each and ev'ry boy and girl.
YES JESUS LOVES ME,    YES JESUS LOVES ME, 
YES JESUS LOVES ME,   His BIBLE TELLS ME SO.
6
Jesus saves me, this I know.    Romans 10, verse 9 says so.
We to Jesus all belong        when we choose Him Lord of all!
YES JESUS LOVES US,        YES JESUS LOVES US, 
YES JESUS LOVES US,       His BIBLE TELLS US SO.


God's SUPPORTING WORDS:
MATTHEW 28: 20, NEW KJV (JESUS speaking):  “Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen.

HEBREWS 13:5:   “Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you.”         

ISAIAH 7:14  and  8:8  PROPHECIES OF JESUS:  Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Matt. 1:23: "Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name 
"Immanuel," which is translated, "God with us."

©2010, 2011 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved.  FREE personal usage; see website

No comments:

Post a Comment