Friday, October 26, 2012

Psalm 27 Rock Resting, by DianaDee Osborne

PSALM  27  ROCK  RESTING 
ALBUM:      Amazing Psalms 'n' Promises
Song location  http://DianaDeeOsborneSongs.com/Songs-2008-2012.php
Song Story:  THE  MUSIC:
        I have absolutely no idea how I came up with this music, one of my very favorite of God's Psalm Songs through me.  For lyrics, I just sat with my Bible and wrote the New King James Version words into 4 counts per measure.  The usual answer:
        The inspiration of the Holy Spirit's empowering.  
        What a FUN song this was to recordAnd then watching Claxton Wilson pound out those drums....  I thought he was going to dent the skins and cymbals!     In my vocal track for the final scripture, you can hear my voice quiver as I fought back  tears of joy  at such a wonderful song gift -- even my guitar playing was unusually good.   A gift from God, assuredly.  Dedicated to God,  16 October  2011
God's SUPPORTING WORDS:    “For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion; In the secret place of His tabernacle He shall hide me;
He shall set me high upon a rock.”  - Psalm 27: 5 New KJV.
Dedicated to God,  16 October  2011
LYRICS
1
God's gonna set me on a rock too high for me to climb.
God is Power. Protects me.  I’ll trust Him all the time.

CHORUS
Nothing can happen unless God Almighty says  it is O.K.

I’ll  rest up there on the ROCK where God placed me,  when I prayed to be SAFE.   
And  since it’s O.K., the I shall praise God
through the day…. through the night…. all the time….. all my Life!
Psalm 27,   LORD God,     You’re my Light.
Psalm 27,  LORD God,     You’re my Strength -- I  REST  on Your Rock!


2
God’s my  Lord, Light, salvation, so whom shall I fear?
No person can rise against me.  

The LORD, my Strength, is here.      REPEAT  CHORUS
3
One thing only do I want.  One thing shall I seek:  To
dwell in God’s house, learn of Him.  

He hides me in His pavilion.                  REPEAT  CHORUS
4
God calls us, “Come seek My face.”  I call back, “LORD, I do!  Teach
me Your Way.  I’ve seen Your help.  

I’d lose heart without YOU, LORD GOD!”                                                   

CHORUS
Nothing can happen unless God Almighty says it is O.K.   

I’ll   REST up there on the ROCK where God placed me  
when I prayed to be SAFE. 
     

And  since it’s O.K., the I shall praise God                         
through the day…. through the night….                             

                                all the time….. all my Life!                    
Psalm 27,   LORD God,     You’re my Light.     
Psalm 27,  LORD God,     You’re my Strength -- 

                   I  REST  on Your Rock!                                    
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Song Note.   We   IN OUR OWN POWER
are truly UNABLE to  climb high enough above troubles...

God SETS us on our safe Rock... on Him.  
There's no need for self-pride.  

Nor is there need to get angry at ourselves that WE do not climb God's rock to safety.  God knows we're weak.... God knows we cannot climb above troubles... 
God  SETS  us on our safe Rock... on Him.   

Psalm 27 of David   (New International Version)
 1    The LORD is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear?
       The LORD is the stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid?
 2    When the wicked advance against me to devour me, it is my enemies and my foes who will     stumble and fall.  3 Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then I will be confident…..5 For in the day of trouble He will keep me safe in His dwelling; He will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent and set me high upon a rock….


8     My heart says of You, “Seek His face!” Your face, LORD, I will seek….
13     I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD  in the land of the living.
14     Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart    and wait for the LORD.


©2011 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved.  FREE personal usage; see website

No comments:

Post a Comment