Tuesday, November 20, 2012

God Before All, by DianaDee Osborne

GOD  BEFORE  ALL
ALBUM:      Amazing Power 'n' Prayers
Song location  http://DianaDeeosborneSongs.com/NEW-Songs.php
Song Story:  THE  MUSIC:
         I  kept changing the melody line for this song because it was so easy and pretty that I was afraid that it was some Broadway song that I'd tucked into my memory and then forgotten.... I don't think any of the early drafts were "someone else's song" but I figured I should make changes just in case!
Song Story:  THE  LYRICS:
         Yes, I know the words are “repetitive...”  It says God's Name a LOT.
         But too often, even in churches, we start putting our own feelings first in the name of serving God.   Check out the church member described in Third John 1: 8-10, Diotrephes.  This song is personally heartbreaking to me... I wrote the foundation melody and wording at the altar in 5 minutes.... and that brought me much joy from our LORD.
         Yet even 16 months later when I polished the music and recorded the song, it brought to my heart much sorrow to remember that the song had been written almost the last time I was able to pray at a  specific church altar, after many years there, a few days before I finally submitted in my conviction that God was calling me to finally leave for ever.... 
          YET -- God truly  IS  above all things -- even our comfort in “old” churches, even our habits and our people relationships....Sometimes -- no, OFTEN -- God calls us to leave our familiar places and TRUST Him  to Shepherd us to different pastures to worship Him,  to serve Him,  to love Him  -- Before  All.
Dedicated to God, Our Everything, 15 January 2011.
Re-dedicated to my God Above All.. All... 20 May 2012

LYRICS
1
God, before “it All,”   You're in my heart.
God, before anything:  You are LORD!
God, before “it All,”  You, LORD are First!
God, before my own thoughts --- You're The One LORD.

 CHORUS
Mark, Chapter 12:  29 and 30 tell, once
more that You're LORD God of All,  before all.
Deuteronomy 6, verse 5 says the same:  You
ONLY are LORD God of All,  before all.

 

2
I do love You, God, with all my heart.
God, I put You first...... You are LORD!
God, before “it All,”  I put You first.
God, before my feelings --- You're The One LORD. 
  >> CHORUS
 

3
WE, Your Church, love You, with all our hearts.
God,  we put You first...... You are LORD!
God, before “it All,”  we put You first.
God, before our own thoughts --- 

          You're The One LORD.                                                 >> CHORUS

God's SUPPORTING WORDS:
“You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart,
with all your soul, and with all your strength.”  -- Deuteronomy 6:5  NKJV.   

Jesus through Mark 12: 29 and 30  tells you:    'The first of all the commandments is:   'Hear, O Israel, the LORD our God, the LORD is one.
And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with
all your mind, and with all your strength.' This is the first commandment.”
©2012 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved.  FREE personal usage; see website

No comments:

Post a Comment