Thursday, November 8, 2012

Isaiah 53 Old Rugged Crossing, by DianaDee Osborne

ISAIAH 53  OLD RUGGED CROSSING
ALBUM:      Amazing LORD 'n' LIFE
Song location  http://DianaDeeosborneSongs.com/NEW-Songs.php
Song Story:  THE  MUSIC:
       About those Weird notes in interludes: Once you make a mistake -- if you like the weirdness-- just REPEAT it,   so people will know it was deliberately kept.   I tried to keep the music as simple as the message --- Cherish Jesus. Accept His sacrifice that God prophesied 100s of years earlier in Isaiah 53.  Accept Jesus as LORD whom you obey... and obey His commands to take up your own cross.
Song Story:  THE  LYRICS  -- see the end

God's SUPPORTING WORDS:
Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.  For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.”  -- Matthew 16:  24 - 25

LYRICS
1   (Traditional melody)
On a Hill far away stood an old rugged cross,  the
emblem of suff'ring and shame.
I shall love that old Cross, where the dearest and best, for a
world of lost sinners was slain.
2
Jesus, I cherish ---- God's only Son.
Jesus, I cherish --- for what He has done.
Jesus, I cherish --- for amazing love.  His
Old Rugged Cross reminds me
    to cherish Jesus for John 3: 16 love.  Yet
    cherishing is more than just words or songs.  I'll
    cherish Jesus with my obedience to    >>>           CHORUS
CHORUS
    ... cross into life with Jesus...
    ... obey taking up my own cross....
    ... deny myself, take up my cross..... Matthew 16:  24
3
Though I went astray, like a dumb sheep,
Jesus chose to come to die and show me
HOW,   now I CAN be saved from my sins!  by
asking forgiveness through Him. 
Isaiah 53 tells how His stripes me.  My
death sins He heals when I choose to let Him   be
LORD of my life, Who I obey in love..... and              >>  CHORUS
CHORUS
    ... cross into live with Jesus...
    ... obey taking up my own cross....
    ... deny myself, take up my cross..... Matthew 16:  24

4
We each are crossing one day into Death
If we are stubborn..... and will not accept that
NO ONE is without  sins that send to HELL
unless we pray John 10 Verse 9  (and mean it).
Isaiah 53 --- We've all strayed from God.  Yet
We're saved by Jesus Who took on our sins,  but
ONLY  if He's our LORD.      Romans 10.    And we    >>  CHORUS
CHORUS
    ... cross into live with Jesus...
    ... obey taking up my own cross....
    ... deny myself, take up my cross..... Matthew 16:  24

Song Story:  THE  LYRICS
       I confess:  Although I like the hymn I heard every couple of weeks in church as a child, I never really thought about the words except to think of cross jewelry which is anything but rugged and splintered and stained with Jesus's blood.  One day as I was playing around with weird chord progressions on my guitar outdoors,
    it suddenly dawned on me ----    
        Why do we sing about cherishing the CROSS?
            Shouldn't we be cherishing   JESUS   instead?
    Well,   God led me to two answers:  
(1)  One is that yes, we cherish the cross because it reminds us of Jesus's love that FREES us from all sin we confess AND from the power of temptation (1 Corinthians 10:13);  that answer led to another  song three months before this one:   “Old Rugged Cross Reminder” written in 20 minutes on April 11.

(2)  And also  YES, we should be focusing more in JESUS than on the Cross.... but remembering the Cross reminds us----
Jesus called us to CROSS INTO A LIFE where we
take up our OWN cross and follow Him -- no matter the cost.

©2012 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved.  FREE personal usage; see website

No comments:

Post a Comment