Friday, January 18, 2013

Here Kitty (HUMOR song), by DianaDee Osborne

HERE  KITTY 
ALBUM:      Amazing  Creator 'n' Critters   
Song location  http://DianaDeeOsborneSongs.com/Songs-2008-2012.php
Downloads are available for FREE there... I usually don't link to blog so people will find other song Words from God that might encourage and comfort them...

Song Story:   Dedicated to our Ever-Calling God,  30 October 2009
        The first verse describes a crisp fall day as I called and called the kitties to keep me company as I read at the picnic table in the woods.  As the song says,
"SAMSON came a-runnin'.   Emily hung back......"    The rest of this story is from my journal that day   after sketching the song: 

      “God, I don't know.  IS this from You?  DOES it please You?  The music came fast and seems simplistic.  But, then, so did the verse to “I Praise You Despite” until You provided that chorus [see separate song story].   I just don't *know*.  I yearn to do what *You* want -- help me to not forge ahead of you, I pray in Jesus's Name.” 

     
[2 hours later, after almost finishing the song:]  God, it's 9:30 PM and  I am *so* concerned whether I am forging ahead on my own so-called skills and not depending on You.  I *dearly fear* doing that. ..Come to think of it -- this concern and this prayer exactly fit this song.  Perhaps, then, it IS from You?”   [end of journal entry.]    

May this song bring you the joy of knowing:  

God's not calling you so He can put you on a leash,  
but to give You a warm, safe  place in His “lap.”  
From Psalm 116:6, 8:  “The Lord protects the simple-hearted; 
when I was in great need, He saved me... 
You, O Lord, have delivered my soul from death, my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling,”   
LYRICS
1
“Here, Kitty, Kitty,”  I called out from the yard,
way out at the picnic table where we seldom are.
Samson came a-running.  Emily hung back.
I called and called, she cried and cried  as if I caused her lack.
2
I don't call my kitty so I can yank her on some leash.
I call “Come, here, sweetheart, let me hold & love you, please.”
God won't call us to Him so He can yank US on some leash.
God calls, “Come here, Dear Heart, let me hold and love you please.”

CHORUS  1
God,  help me be smarter than a CAT when You call.
Help me have faith to trust You welcome all, so when You
CALL me, I will follow.  Where God LEADS me, I will follow.
Where God SENDS me, I will follow.  I'll go with God,  with God,
all the way.
3
“Here, My child, My child, My love,”  God calls,
“Come from where you are.”

Just __ bring your worries to Me.  Stop wandering far.
Trust Me!  Come a-running!  Trust Me! Don't hang back!
I call and call  but won't force you to see   I want you back.”
CHORUS  2
God,  help me be smarter than a CAT when You call.
Help me
have wisdom to come when You call,  for 

I will TRUST God in Life's sunshine.  
I will TRUST God in deep valleys.
I will TRUST God's love that calls me.  

I'll go with Him,  with Him,
all the way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
God's encouraging promise,  Psalm 139: 
verses 5-6. 8-9  (chapter emphasizing He's known you since before birth):

"You both precede and follow me. 
You place your hand of blessing on my head. 
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too great for me to know! 
I can never escape from your spirit! I can never get away from your presence! ... 
If I ride the wings of the morning, if I dwell by the farthest oceans, 
even there your hand will guide me, 
and your strength will support me.”       -- Psalm 139: 5-6, 8-9 
©2009  DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved.  FREE personal usage; see website

No comments:

Post a Comment