Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Psalm 4 Sleeping Guitars, by DianaDee Osborne

PSALM  4  SLEEPING  GUITARS             SUBSCRIBE  
ALBUM:      Amazing  Psalms 'n' Promises
Song location  http://DianaDeeOsborneSongs.com/Songs-2013
 
This song has 2 forms:  A quiet ACOUSTIC version, and a STORM version.   
      Lyrics and music sheet for the two versions are identical, with different stories.
      (The Storm music sheet is "condensed".... does not include all the Storm's orchestration!"
               CLICK HERE    TO HEAR SONG  (FREE)  

Song Story:  THE  MUSIC:   
for the acoustic guitar version:  
The short answer to how I wrote this song:      I don't know. 

    I sat at the controller keyboard in my home studio and just started playing "anything" as flute music, seeking an Asian style.  I'm not sure how close I came to that goal!  But then I kept layering in the quiet background track notes -- "Solo Star"  and "Droplets".  Then the "droplets" track name gave me the idea to add some rain.  I love to sleep with rain outside the window, so it fit the concept of Psalm 4 as "Sleeping."   Then I added some orchestration..... 
    BUT this is NOT the story's End: God provided a SECOND song, for Psalm 4!

    I somehow goofed when pasting in tracks for the melody for verses 3 to 5.  I didn't realize this until I got to studio the day after I wrote the song.  So while my producer mixed the song "Indolent Christians,"  I pulled out my guitar, calculated the chords, and practiced this song in the other room.  As soon as he finished,  we recorded my guitar... on my travel guitar that I keep in my vehicle, since I hadn't planned to record & didn't bring my good guitar.  Then we recorded my singing, I played my bass sliding that I love so much, and Claxton added some chimes.... For a more quiet version of God's Psalm 4, perhaps written similarly to David's music on his harp in a meadow while the sheep listened....

Dedicated to The Only Provider of Safe Sleep, 9 May 2013

LYRICS
1
O God of my righteousness,    have mercy on me!  .....
Hear me when I call, O God.  In my distress, You relieve.  ......
    PSALM  4 --     With God, my LORD,  I sleep  in Peace.

2
How long will they give me shame,  love lies about me?  .....
How they love such worthlessness!  But God sets apart the godly.....
    PSALM  4  --  In God alone,  I sleep .... in Safety..........

3
God sets apart the godly:  “Don't sin when angry.”  ....
Meditate on God in bed.  Rest, be still with Him.   Sleep.
    PSALM  4 --     With God, my LORD,  I sleep  in Peace.

4
Offer God your sacrifice  of    righteousness.....
Put your trust in The LORD God,  and He'll shine His face on you.
    PSALM  4  --  In God alone,  I sleep .... in Safety..........

5
Many mock,  “HEY --- WHERE'S YOUR GOD ?!” 
    My glad heart shows You. ....
I will lie in peace and sleep.      You alone, God, give safety.
    PSALM  4 --     With God, my LORD,  I sleep  in Peace.
    PSALM  4  --  In God alone,  I sleep .... in Safety..........

God's SUPPORTING WORDS:
PSALM 4:                                             (New King James Version)
To the Chief Musician. With stringed instruments. A Psalm of David. Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness! You have relieved me in my distress; Have mercy on me, and hear my prayer.

How long, O you sons of men, Will you turn my glory to shame?  How long will you love worthlessness  And seek falsehood?   Selah

But know that the LORD has set apart for Himself him who is godly; The LORD will hear when I call to Him.  Be angry, and do not sin. Meditate within your heart on your bed, and be still. Selah.    Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, And put your trust in the LORD.

There are many who say, "Who will show us any good?" LORD, lift up the light of Your countenance upon us.  You have put gladness in my heart, More than in the season that their grain and wine increased.

I will both lie down in peace & sleep;
                    For You alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety.
©2013 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.

No comments:

Post a Comment