Thursday, December 6, 2012

Merry CHRISTmas Rebellion, by DianaDee Osborne

MERRY  CHRISTMAS  REBELLION
ALBUM:      Amazing Christ 'n' Christmas       '  
Song location  http://DianaDeeOsborneSongs.com/NEW-Songs.php
Song Story:  THE  MUSIC:   I wanted a Christmas-y sound that was pounding with frustration at people who forget the CHRIST part of the word.  I humbly say that I do believe God answered my prayers for creative wisdom.....

Song Story:  THE  LYRICS:  
    OK, I'll admit it:  When people wish me a “Happy Holidays”,  I either reply with a small grin, “Yes, Happy HOLYdays”    or I happily reply “Merry CHRISTmas” with a long i to pronounce Christ's name correctly.  And OK, I'll admit it:  I enjoy watching their expressions.  And a LOT of them laugh!   Try it yourself!
           This song was written in about an hour on a very hot June day.  Maybe I was wishing for snow, but I honestly don't know why I was thinking about a holy day 5 months behind our calendar and 7 months ahead.... except to say that God inspired the idea. 

         And I shall confess.... The initial concept came from an irritation as I read something about people being unwilling to share the joy that THEY know about Jesus with other people for fear of not being so-called politically correct.   (CONTINUED AT END)
Dedicated to THE Only Wise One, 6 June 2012

LYRICS
CHORUS*     For entire song,  pronounce with a Long i sound.  
Merry
CHRISTmas,  Joy-filled CHRISTmas,  
now and all year long!   I
care,  and pray for you,  dear one,   

I pray this all-year song.
Merry
CHRISTmas,  may you have     
CHRIST    in your heart,    So
you will have His joy and peace.... and a happy CHRISTmas!


1
People say it's no longer politically correct     to
greet you with a quiet smile and say, “Merry Christmas.”  And
yet I care for you so much, whether a stranger or friend.  and
so all year I pray you'll have the peace of CHRIST Jesus,  so  
  >>> CHORUS

2
The LORD God who's been with us through our many sorrows  is
our only Savior, come to save us from sorrows                      [or  'HORRORS']
Jesus, God's Son, came as a babe,  but He grew up and died.  

 God's CHRISTmas gift, destroying death;  Hosea 13's promised Savior!  so    >>> CHORUS

---------
3a
PEACE   I offer You,”  Jesus said.  John 14,  God's Son's own Words.
Hosea 13's  Savior gift.  

So MERRY CHRISTMAS,  PEACE TO YOU!

3b
LOVE  I offer You,”  Jesus said.  John 14,  God's Son's own Words.
Hosea 13's  Savior gift.  

So MERRY CHRISTMAS,  LOVE  TO YOU!

3c
JOY   I offer You,”  Jesus said.  John 14,  God's Son's own Words.
Hosea 13's  Savior gift.  

So MERRY CHRISTMAS,  JOY TO YOU!


God's SUPPORTING WORDS:
“Yet I  AM the LORD your God   ever since the land of Egypt,
And you shall know no God but Me;  for there is no savior besides Me....I will ransom them from the power of the grave;   I will redeem them from death.
O Death, I will be your plagues!    O Grave,  I will be your destruction! “
 -- a WOW promise from God fulfilled by Jesus:   Hosea 13, quoting verses 4 and 14 -- fulfilled by Jesus;  see First Corinthians 15 - from the start to the great end.

Song Story:  THE  LYRICS --- CONCLUSION:  
       We who know the joy of being FREED from fears of physical death that SHALL come to 100% of people can -- if we ask God -- also be freed from the fear of “offending” people when  quietly and respect-filledly of their own beliefs, speaking to them about this peace.... see 2nd Timothy 1: 7 to 9

    We simply must humbly ask God's Holy Spirit for Wisdom on how to speak... and when to speak.  And surely at Christmas time we should have the courage to respond to the words “Happy Holidays”  with the actual blessing sought for the other person -- Merry CHRIST-mas.
With a long sound for the letter  i .....

**    Our Savior was promised back in Hosea's writings 100s of years
        before Jesus was born as a tiny baby. 
**    Jesus destroyed death... for those who accept Him as LORD. 
    See Romans 10: 9 & the comfort of First Corinthians 15 ("O DEATH, where is Thy Sting?".

SO YES,
CHRISTMAS &  ALL  YEAR  IS  A  JOY  
BECAUSE OF GOD'S GIFT.....
©2011 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved.  FREE personal usage; see website

No comments:

Post a Comment