Monday, February 25, 2013

Embarrassed Witness, by DianaDee Osborne

EMBARRASSED  WITNESS 
ALBUM:      Amazing  Holy Spirit 'n' Church   
Song location  http://DianaDeeOsborneSongs.com/Songs-2008-2012.php
CLICK HERE FOR AUDIO  download (FREE) 


Song Story:  THE  LYRICS:   
Sometimes I joke with the guys in my two studios that I'm going to get “kicked out of church”  with some of these songs from God.  This version is mild compared to parts of original verses, like  “....things we do inside church walls--- Pushing people to do things our way... calling gossip _ our 'prayer concerns'?”

    And a Revelation 2:19-20 reference to Tolerance within churches; “suffered” = “tolerated” in verse 20... “Compassion” is not a reason to tolerate sin even while loving the sinner -- NOTE that God even invited Jezebel in verse 21.  YET--it's exciting to think that perhaps God's songs may make us more aware of how we offend Him and His Holiness even with our so-called “little sins.” 

    My own repeated giving in to a common sin actually made me open to this song-in-minutes from God.... It doesn't help when friends in church mean well and tell us, “oh, don't worry about it.... It's not important.... lots of people do that..... God will understand....NOT.  God is a Holy God who says "You must be holy as I am Holy."  (1 Peter 1:16, Lev. 11: 44-45,  Leviticus 20:26).

    2nd Corinthians 3:18....    If we reflect God badly, even little things,
    we might hinder other people from coming to Him.    Do we as individuals
    OR     as churches     focus on that Truth?


Dedicated to our HOLY God, 21 October  2010


LYRICS
VERSE 1
Why am I NOT embarrassed  by the things I do alone?
Things I would NEVER do or SAY if Jesus were
visibly right by my arm?        YET HE'S HERE
God I'm desperate!          Help me witness to Your
Glory.  Please fill me      with Your Holy Spirit Power  for Your
Kingdom -- not just for me.  Help me
be a good witness for You!

VERSE 2
Why aren't Christians embarrassed  by the things we do outside church walls?
Things we would NEVER do or SAY if Jesus were
visibly right by our sides?        YET HE'S HERE
God we're desperate!      Help us witness to Your
Glory.  Please fill us  with Your Holy Spirit Power  for Your
JOY through us, Your Church.
  Help us
be a good witness for You!


VERSE 3
Why aren't churches embarrassed  by the 

things we do right within church walls?
Things we would NEVER do or SAY if Jesus were
visibly right by our sides?        YET HE'S HERE!

God we're desperate!      Help us witness to Your
Glory.  Please fill us  with Your Holy Spirit Power  for Your
JOY through us, Your Church.  Help us
be a good witness for You!


READING
First John Chapter One,   verse 2:
Help me, Lord, be a good witness FOR You through my acts.
Second Corinthians 3:18,
Help me reflect You and not cause others to think badly of YOU, I pray.


GOD'S SUPPORTING  SCRIPTURES
“…The life was manifested, and we have seen, and bear witness, and declare to you that eternal life which was with the Father and was manifested to us” - First John 1:2  NKJV

“This one who is life from God was shown to us, and we have seen him. And now we testify and announce to you that he is the one who is eternal life. He was with the Father, and then he was shown to us. ”                 - First John 1:2  New Living Translation

JESUS:   “
But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me.  And you also will bear witness…. -- John 15:27a
 
©2010 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.

No comments:

Post a Comment