Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine For God, by DianaDee Osborne

VALENTINE  FOR  GOD 
ALBUM:      Amazing  Peace 'n' Passion   
Song location  http://DianaDeeOsborneSongs.com/Songs-2008-2012.php
CLICK HERE FOR AUDIO  download (FREE) 


Song Story:  THE  MUSIC:   
When I felt that God was leading me to write this Valentine, I was overwhelmed by all the possible things that can be said to our Lord to tell Him “I love You.”  So.... I sat down and wrote this musical valentine for my husband for the first draft.  After a couple of decades together, still the joy of waiting to see what he will say, the excitement of seeing him at the end of the day, 
reminds me of how God hopes we will love HIM -- 
with joy, with excitement, with a yearning to be with Him, 
with a deep loving passion NOT for what God DOES for us, 
but simply for the Wonderful Person He Is.
Dedicated to our God of Love, Whom I love, 8 February 2011

Song INTRODUCTION  (spoken)   
Long before you ever thought of telling God your love for Him, of giving a valentine to Him, 
God gave a Valentine to YOU.  
First John 4, verses 9 and 10 tell some of God's Valentine words to  you:  
"God showed how much He  loved     us by sending 

His only Son into the world 
so that we might have eternal life through Him. 
This is real love. 
It is NOT that we loved God, 
but that He loved us and sent His Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins"  
                                                 - First John 4: 9-10 New Living Translation
Now the question is:  What will be your valentine to Him?  

God asks for you to trust HIS love enough to give Him 
your ALL as your valentine.


LYRICS
1
My first thought each morning is yearning to hear
Your voice, Your thoughts,
Your desires for how I can show You my
        deep, deep love for You, God.


2
My thoughts through each day
return to my prayer place where
I can shove away
all thoughts that aren't of You and of
my forever love
for You........... my God.


3
You are my  Love, God.  You're  all I want.
I yearn to give You joy.
You are my Life, God.  You're all I need.
Help me   to bring You joy!
 
©2011 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved.  FREE personal usage; see website

No comments:

Post a Comment