Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tears of Blood, by DianaDee Osborne

TEARS  OF  BLOOD
ALBUM:      Amazing  LOVE 'n' Lullabies   
Song location  http://DianaDeeOsborneSongs.com/Songs-2008-2012.php
CLICK HERE FOR AUDIO  download (FREE) 


Song Story:  THE  MUSIC:   
           I awoke very early in the morning in my van (camping at the CREATION music festival) with this music “in my head.”  I grabbed my guitar and had barely sketched out the melody and some chords when God gifted me with lyrics for verse 1.  
          This song is literally a gift to you from our Compassionate Lord Jesus.... It is beyond my natural skills.  When people comment that Jesus sweated blood (Luke 22:44) but there's no mention of tears of blood, I have a humble  three-part response:      
Song Story:  THE  LYRICS:   
(1)   These exact lyrics flowed into my head.  I have never been able to think of any reason why that phrase would come to mind, and I prayed a lot for wisdom, so I choose to trust James 1: 5-6 that God has given the answer I repeatedly sought.  
(2)  Science shows that in times of deepest stress, people do literally have blood come from their eyes.  and 
(3) If you prefer to not be literal, 
consider that Jesus was pricked in many places by thorns;  
and thorn pricks leave a stab that slowly leaks blood in a tear-shaped drop as it falls.
Dedicated to our COMPASSIONATE Lord Jesus, 18 June 2009


LYRICS
VERSE  1
Jesus wept tears of blood on His last night,
praying in Gethsemane, His last night of human life.
Some say He just feared the pain,
Wept for failure to gain fame.           

                                               [ pause... Selah -- "think about it]
But I know __ __ __     Jesus wept for me.          
And I know __ __ _      Jesus wept for YOU.         
And WE know He wept for all the
Lost -- He could see from that Rugged Cross. __ __

And Jesus tells us, "Pray __ __ like Me.”
And TRUE LOVE ALWAYS PRAYS.... FERVENTLY.


VERSE 2
Tears of blood flowed from God's Son's thorn-pierced scalp.
Tears of blood flowed from His speared side,
blood and water flowing out.
Tears of blood flowed from God's heart,
Broken by our sin-filled thoughts....            [ Selah ]


God's tears of LOVE  still flow down for me.
God's tears of LOVE  still flow down for you.
God in love still weeps for all the
Lost  who still won't believe that His Cross

is God's love Gift to ALL -- Every person you see.
    God's true love always CRIES,     

                    “Come to Me.”
SUPPORTING SCRIPTURES
“...I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.“ -Galatians 2:20 KJV

    “...God our Savior, who WANTS all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all....”   – 1 Timothy 2: 3-6a NIV   


 2nd Peter 3:9 -- “The Lord is ... not willing that ANY should perish, but that all should come to repentance.” 
©2009 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved.  FREE personal usage; see website

No comments:

Post a Comment