Thursday, February 21, 2013

Psalm 99 Exalting, by DianaDee Osborne

PSALM  99  EXALTING
ALBUM:      Amazing  Psalms 'n' Promises
Song location  http://DianaDeeOsborneSongs.com/NEW-Songs.php
CLICK HERE FOR AUDIO  download (FREE)  


Song Story:  THE  MUSIC:   
            The lyrics “fell into place” easily, as God always leads them to do.... 
It is His skill,  His gifting.  I know.   I look in my journals at song drafts when I'm ready to seek another to record,  and I am always amazed at how few words are changed.  When they are, it is usually to fit into the music that I later design. 
            But if I write out the music at the same time as the lyrics,  seldom are there many changed words. 

            The music was amongst my hardest, because I can't “cheat” and use my home studio's program for quantizing notes in an odd timing like jazz or shuffles or this Latin beat.   The computer would make all the timing very boringly even.  So I literally had to edit note by note to get the timing right in all the odd timing measures.  

            And then this song probably took longer to learn than 98% of 'my' songs that God guides.... partly because I deliberately design easy-to-learn-and-worship melodies with some occasional notes thrown in for interest and fun challenge!

    But, in doing this for  God:  It was a fun gift to do for Him.... in the empowering of HIS gifting of this music and the skills.    Dedicated to our Lord,1 January 2013

LYRICS

THE LORD God reigns, let all people tremble!
    He dwells between the cherubim....
THE LORD God reigns, let the earth be moved! The
LORD GOD is great in Zion  --- His world.

God is high above all nations.  Let them praise Your Great Name.
God is holy and loves justice.  Establishes equity.
    Exalt THE LORD, bow to Him.    Exalt THE LORD, worship Him!
    Exalt THE LORD, bow to Him.    Exalt THE LORD, worship Him!

2
Moses and Aaron were among God's priests.
    Like Samuel, they called on God's Name.
And THE LORD answered, spoke in a cloud and
gave them the Torah Laws.

God is just and took His vengeance when they did not respect Him.
But God  answered their repentance, and God DID forgive them!
    Exalt THE LORD, bow to Him.    Exalt THE LORD, worship Him!
    Exalt THE LORD, bow to Him.    Exalt THE LORD, worship Him!

3
You LORD God reign, and I choose You King, and
    LORD of      ALL of   my life --- I LOVE  YOU!
You LORD Go reign, and I choose to trust You.
I seek to obey You, my LORD God.
    Exalt THE LORD, bow to Him.    Exalt THE LORD, worship Him!
    Exalt THE LORD, bow to Him.    Exalt THE LORD, worship Him!
Exalt THE LORD, bow to Him. Exalt THE LORD, worship Him!
         Exalt THE LORD, bow to Him.           
        Exalt THE LORD, worship Him!           

God's SUPPORTING WORDS:
“The LORD reigns; Let the peoples tremble! He dwells between the cherubim; Let the earth be moved!  The LORD is great in Zion, And He is high above all the peoples. Let them praise Your great & awesome name--'He is holy'.
--Psalm 99: 1-3

©2013 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.

No comments:

Post a Comment