Saturday, March 30, 2013

Psalm 39 Tongue Holding, by DianaDee Osborne

PSALM  39  TONGUE  HOLDING
ALBUM:      Amazing  Psalms 'n' Promises   
Song location  http://DianaDeeOsborneSongs.com/NEW-Songs.php
Song Story:  THE  MUSIC:   
           One of my 2010 songs was just too slow.  Funeral dirge slow.
           I knew from several years earlier that voices are recorded on WAV files that did not immediately change tempo like instrument MIDI tracks do.  Back then I had to re-sing some songs for a faster tempo.  So I just resigned myself to having to re-sing the song at a much faster tempo.

         So I took my original home studio project for “Grounded for Life,”  added background textures and more bass and violin,  and upped the tempo by about 30 beats per minute.  (That is a MAJOR speed increase!)   I had recorded “Grounded” at Studio 2, so I took my new tracks there, ready to sing.  There I learned something:

         In the past 3 years, the professional recording programs had significantly improved.  I told Claxton the new tempo, he pushed one button,  and absolutely every track immediately was great. 
         BUT -- HAVING DONE  “ALL THIS WORK -- a full day..... I grabbed my Bible, prayed for wisdom, flipped into Psalms,  and this Psalm was the first one I  looked at.   And it easily fits the music.    I deleted  the melody note line for “Grounded”, added a new melody, changed piano to a harpsichord sound, changed some texture and bass notes....  and God showed once again His great answers to prayer!
Another new song within a day.... from The LORD who guided David's prayer words for US in Psalms.
Dedicated to LORD God, 30 September 2012

LYRICS
Part 1
1
I said I shall guard all my ways lest I sin with my tongue.
I shall restrain my mouth as if my mouth were muzzled, LORD.  When
    wicked people are before me,  I SHALL HOLD MY TONGUE.
        Psalm 39,  Verse 1.
2
I held my peace even from good, and sorrow stirred in me.  My
heart was hot, and fire burned while I thought in my mind.  And
     then I prayed aloud to God,  REMIND ME HOW BRIEF  Life is.

        Psalm 39,  Verses 2 and 3.
Part 2
3
LORD, make me know my end, know my frail life shall end.
My age is nothing to you.   You are God, We are vapor.
Humans walk as a shadow.  We do useless things for wealth,
    busy ourselves doing things that don't matter to You, our LORD God.
        Psalm 39,  verses  4  through  six.
4
But I shall Wait on God.  All hope is in You, LORD.
Deliver me from sins.  I truly repent of them.
Do not let others mock me for waiting on You silently.
    Remove punishment I deserve,  

         but I hold my tongue, don't complain at God.
        Psalm 39,  verses  7  through  12.



God's SUPPORTING WORDS:
“LORD, remind me how brief my time on earth will be. Remind me that my days are numbered—  how fleeting my life is.  ...And so, Lord, where do I put my hope?
My only hope is in you.”   --Psalm 39: 4 and 7  New KJV
©2012 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved.  FREE personal usage; see website

No comments:

Post a Comment