Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Fountain Gifts (Come Thou Fount of Ev'ry Blessing), by DianaDee Osborne

FOUNTAIN  GIFTS  (Come Thou Fount of Ev'ry Blessing) 
ALBUM:      Amazing  LOVE 'n' Lullabies   
Song location  http://DianaDeeOsborneSongs.com/Songs-2008-2012.php
CLICK HERE FOR AUDIO  download (FREE) 


Song Story:  THE  MUSIC:   
           This was one of my earliest song gifts from God, written only 15 months after He first gave me “ABOVE MY SORROW SEA” , written    within minutes  (see that song story).
           As I left the gym on 2 June 2009,  I was idly thinking through my plans for the day when I heard a radio song's cool beat.  The kickdrum pattern seemed to be one that would rev up the old hymn that I'd recently played at the nursing home and now came to mind, “Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing” -- to teach to younger worshipers in our church blended with some newer praise song.
        By the time I was driving by the church – 1/2  mile down the road – I started simultaneously composing and singing out (loudly:) the chorus that you read above... the words, the melody.  I was so  very glad to get a red stoplight  2 miles down the road so I could quickly jot down the words I had so far... and I finished planning much of the song by the time I got home.  In 15 minutes.   

    Decades ago, it used to be said that writers “penned” their words. 
    That most assuredly is an accurate description of FOUNTAIN GIFTS's  story:  

It was my pen that sketched down the words and within an hour at the keyboard had recorded all the gorgeous chord progressions.... but
    it was Creator God who surely wrote this song.  I am so humbly thankful that He keeps His promise (Jeremiah 29:11- on )  to have  greater-than-ours    “plans for our days.”

Song Story:  THE  LYRICS:   
What exactly  IS  an  “ebenezer” ?!  Not exactly a common word today!   An Ebenezer is a special stone set into a place by a person as a reminder of a special time of help from God Almighty in the midst of overwhelming times.   (See 1 Samuel 7:12, for example.)  It reminds us that we can trust God's loving help. The physical lifting of our hands draws us to remember God's great mercies and  His fountain of gifts to us. But the title also refers to *how* we choose to respond to God, our Fountain of Life.  Will we gift back to Him our very selves?  Do we really choose to remember past help from God -- and to trust God with our future?
Dedicated to LORD God, our Fountain of Living Water..... 2 June 2009
LYRICS
Your love, O Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies... For with You is the fountain of life; in Your light   we see light.”  -- Psalm 36: 5, 9
“And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul,
and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength”  – Mark 12:30


1
Come, Thou fount of ev'ry blessing, Tune my heart to sing Thy praise.
Streams of mercy never ceasing call for songs of loudest praise.
I am astounded by God's great mercies!
I am so humbled by His Son's Love!
I am empowered by God's Great Spirit......
Let all I  DO  be my gift of love.   Take all my DEEDS, God,  my gift to You.

2
Here I raise my Ebenezer,  not just stones but hands raised high.
Take my heart, God,  take and keep it.
Help me serve You all my days.
I am astounded by God's great mercies!
I am so humbled by His Son's Love!
I am empowered by God's Great Spirit......
Let all I  SAY  be my gift of love.    Take all my WORDS, God,  my gift to You.

3
Lord, I'll wander,  Lord I feel it.  Help me or I  know I'll stray.
YOU deserve  love  never  ceasing --- Help me praise You all my days.
I am astounded by God's great mercies!
I am so humbled by His Son's Love!
I am empowered by God's Great Spirit......
Let all I   AM   be my gift of love.    Take all my LIFE, God,  my gift to You.
    John 4 in  14:        Fountains of Life !
    Mark 12 in 30:    Love God with might !
 
©2011 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved.  FREE personal usage; see website

No comments:

Post a Comment