Thursday, February 28, 2013

Help Wanted Blues, by DianaDee Osborne (guitarist Johnny Kyle)

HELP  WANTED  BLUES
ALBUM:      Amazing  JOY 'n' Choices   
Song location  http://DianaDeeOsborneSongs.com/Songs-2008-2012.php
CLICK HERE FOR AUDIO  download (FREE) 


Song Story:  THE  MUSIC:   
       This entire song was built upon a single, accidentally-found  chord. ("Accidentally", in a God incidence way, of course.)   I was checking my guitar’s tuning while waiting for band practice one evening, and “missed” the Em7.  The instant I heard this one, my simultaneous thoughts were, “wow, that’s really cool, God”  and also “what IS that chord?”
      I never have found the chord in my own chord books.  Best I can figure is that since (1)  it adds a B flat into the E minor chord that already contains a natural B as the 5th in chord, but (2) does not remove (mute) the open B string (thus causing a major conflict), therefore  it must be an Em(add b5).  Pattern is {022300}.  Then the companion chord drops in another D on the B string {022330}, which makes it an Em(add9 add b5}.  If I’m wrong, ahhh well…. I’m happy that God gave me the idea for providing “string sets” as part of my invented Osborne Text Notation Method (OTEN) so you guitarists can use them  without really caring what the guitar chord's formal name is!  For pianist, a simple E minor chord works!  
      The bass player works hard with this chord pattern ... (kidding!)   Play a steady  E ☺
      Whatever,  it’s a cool chord FULL of conflict, which is exactly what Paul describes in Romans 7 as our human nature—even when we dearly want to serve and reflect our wonderful God, we keep doing things we know hurt God, or keep missing doing things we know God wants us to do.
       Paul concludes Romans 7 with a version of WOE IS ME.  But God gives us hope through Paul in the first two verses of Romans 8… our salvation is not from our own works, but in depending on God to help us do what is right.  But we must ask God for help.

      And with thanks to Johnny Kyle of J & T Studio for his amazing guitar work!


Dedicated to The Understanding God, 17 July 2010


LYRICS
Part 1:    “For what I am doing,   I do not understand. For what I will   to do, that I do not practice; but what I  hate,  that I do.  For the good that I will to do,  I do not do;  but the evil I will not to do,   that   I practice.”    – Romans 7:15 and 19

Part 2:     “But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.” 
    -- Romans 7:6                              NKJV
Part 3:     “O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?  There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,  who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.  For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.” – Romans 7:25 and 

Romans 8: 1 and 2
 

1
I need Your help, God.
I don't want Your help, God.
I  DO  need Your help, God....  just to really want help!
This sin is much fun.
Help me, God   or I'm done.
Romans chapter Seven:
I like sin.......   Please help!

Bridge
I don't do what I want to do.  I don't do what I want to do.
And I do things I don't want to.  And I don things I don't want to.


2
God, who can deliver me from this body of death?  

          Only You!  Only You!
God, who can deliver me from temptations to sin?   

          Only You!  God, please do!

INTERLUDE READINGS
First Corinthians 10: 13
No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man;
 but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation 
will also make the way of escape, 
that you may be able to bear it.
 
James 1:  13- 14
Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am tempted by God"; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone.  
But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by 
his own desires and enticed.
 
©2010 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.

No comments:

Post a Comment