Friday, February 1, 2013

Psalm 150 DOXOLOGY Round, by DianaDee Osborne

PSALM  150  DOXOLOGY  Round
ALBUM:      Amazing  Psalms 'n' Promises 
Song location  http://DianaDeeOsborneSongs.com/NEW-Songs.php
Song Story:  I was praying at the church altar for about 3 minutes.... my knees had literally barely touched the floor, when  I suddenly felt the urge to go over to the sanctuary piano and sit.
No music in mind at all.  I reached out my hands, played a C chord with my right and a C octave with my left.  And then I began downward octaves, just filling in chords that fit (including a Bsus... not a common chord) with my right hand.  And then I just started singing -- literally the words of Part 1.  Later I decided to try adding the Doxology between verses.  And I believe it was the Holy Spirit's inspiration to make this an unusual style for me -- to just repeat the same praises to Him over and over.... an easy congregation worship song. And then in my home studio,  I began adding lots of orchestra sounds to match the words of the Psalmist!
Dedicated to our LORD Trinity God who 
   deserves our   EVERY   bit of praise!

LYRICS
READING  -- Psalm 150  (all 6 verses)
Praise the LORD! Praise God in His sanctuary;
Praise Him in His mighty firmament!
    Praise Him for His mighty acts;
    Praise Him according to His excellent greatness!
Praise Him with the sound of the trumpet;
Praise Him with the lute and harp! 
    Praise Him with the timbrel and dance;
    Praise Him with stringed instruments and flutes!
Praise Him with loud cymbals;  Praise Him with clashing cymbals! 
Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. 
           Praise the LORD!

PART  1
PRAISE HIM!  The God of all things.
PRAISE HIM!  The God of blessings.
PRAISE HIM!  All creatures of the earth, Bless God's Name!

PRAISE HIM!  Jesus Who saves us.
PRAISE HIM! - the Holy Spirit.
PRAISE HIM!  ---- men, women, children:  
     THANK GOD FOR HIS BLESSINGS!

PART 2   (DOXOLOGY)
Praise God from Whom all blessings flow.  Praise
HIM all creatures here below, Praise
HIM above,  ye heavenly hosts.  Praise
Father,  Son,  and Holy Ghost.

"Doxology"  is Public Domain. Words by Ken Thomas in 1695. Tune  dated 1551 is  "OLD 100TH")

©2013 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved.  FREE personal usage; see website

No comments:

Post a Comment