Monday, February 4, 2013

Standing Promises, by DianaDee Osborne

STANDING  PROMISES
ALBUM:      Amazing  LORD 'n' Life   
Song location  http://DianaDeeOsborneSongs.com/Songs-2008-2012.php
CLICK HERE FOR AUDIO  download (FREE)   
Song Story:  THE  MUSIC:   
          At the nursing home two days earlier, we had just sung “Precious Lord, take my hand..... take me home, Precious Lord”  when one of the residents spoke out loudly.  She had been an enthusiastic singer with us a few years earlier, but had now drifted into severe dementia and usually just muttered a few words at a time.  She suddenly began saying / praying:  
        “Take me home, Lord!  I'm ready!  Take me home!”
        So this song is in her memory.... a memory of how she once was and one day again will be, praising our Lord when, in His time, He DOES bring this dear Child home.
Dedicated to God, Our Deliverer 13 January 2011
LYRICS
VERSE 1
I've had all I can stand of heartache and pain.
Dear Jesus,  You have promised You are coming again.
I am ready!  How I yearn to see Heaven and friends.
God, I pray You'll come soon and bring me to live with You.
    I'm standing on Your Promises, Oh God.
 
VERSE 2
I've had all I can stand of coldness and rain.
Dear God, I don't think I can stand winter again.
And my heart breaks from the people with winter-cold hearts.
God, I pray You'll come soon and bring me to live with You.
    I'm standing on Your Promises, Oh God.
 
VERSE 3
YET I know I can trust You, Lord Jesus, and Your love.
Dear Jesus, I stand on Your Promise of Love.
You died for me on that Cross, and and You've
called, “I LOVE YOU.”
You've a place in Heaven for me, John 14, with You.
    I'll just wait and trust Your Promises, Oh God.


Supporting Scripture
“Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest 
by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, 
through the veil, that is, His flesh... 
let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith... 
Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, 
      ** for He who promised is faithful.”   **
                --Hebrews 10: 19-20, 22a, 23 NKJV
©2011 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved.  FREE personal usage; see website

No comments:

Post a Comment