Monday, December 31, 2012

Backsliding Fears Prayer, by DianaDee Osborne

BACKSLIDING  FEARS  PRAYER
ALBUM:      Amazing  POWER 'n' Prayers   
Song location  http://DianaDeeOsborneSongs.com/NEW-Songs.php
Song Story:  THE  MUSIC:   
             I live in the countryside where electric power frequently goes out.  So I've learned to hit that SAVE button on the computer a lot!  And -- I often am asking my two studios'  producers after an especially good vocal track, “Did you hit SAVE?”  before we start adding new work!   (SORRY guys -- really!)
            So both of them have frequently responded that their two (different) recording studio programs automatically back up every change.
            And this is how they've “gotten even” with me -- they joke that they can always pull up an old track no matter how long ago to play for me.  They joke that they can sort of “blackmail” me by playing some of my old terrible vocals..... and 
  wow, the first  vocal draft of this song was SO  SO  SO  bad!  
I recorded Draft 1 only a week after God guided my writing of the song, and I got so much off key in some spots that even on the recording you can hear me start to laugh at how awful I sounded!     

But that's GOOD --- 
It's yet one more evidence to show the World of the truth of
 God's PROMISE in 2nd Corinthians 12:9.  
"And He [Jesus] said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for 
My strength is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”      Thank God for God........

Dedicated to THE Only Wise One, 3 July 2012

LYRICS
1    
    Here at the altar of Your heart,  O GOD,                      
    Here at Your altar I kneel,  O my LORD.
    On bended knees, with weeping,  I call You LORD --
    in awe that You,  God of All,  hear me ...........

Reading 1        from  JEREMIAH  5.
"Though they say, 'As the LORD lives,' surely they swear falsely.  O LORD, are not Your eyes on the truth? You have stricken them, But they have not grieved; You have consumed them, But they have refused to receive correction.... their transgressions are many; Their backslidings have increased.”   ---
This is God's Warning  not just to ancient Israel, 

but  to  us all. 
For God wants ALL to be saved:
   2 Peter 3:9, and  John 3: 16-17   and Hosea 14:4
              are not exclusively for Israelites.


(interlude music)
Reading 2

This is God's question through Jeremiah 8:5--
    “Why has this people slidden back, Jerusalem, in a perpetual backsliding?
    They hold fast to deceit, They refuse to return.”
God continues in verse 6:
    No man repented of his wickedness, Saying, 'What have I done?'
    Everyone turned to his own course....”   Jeremiah 8:  5 and 6


2
    Through Isaiah 3 and 4,  God calls out --
    “If you return to me, you backsliding children,
       Turn back to me with whole heart, I'll take you back.”
    Yet sins and backsliding increase.  Jeremiah 5,  verse 6.


Reading 3
This song,  Backsliding Fears Prayer,  is a comforting song to those who love God SO much that they fear hurting God's heart with their sins.  

  It is not about a fear of losing our salvation.    
Some Christians say there is no such thing as backsliding.  
         That sentence indicates a profound lack of Bible study, since God's Bible uses that word a LOT.  The confusion comes because 

there are two definitions.  For God's Grace described through His  Word clearly says that our good deeds do NOT  earn heaven, and our sins once we have accepted Jesus as our Savior therefore do NOT 
                     return us to being destined for hell.    

           So we cannot backslide from salvation back into damnation after accepting Jesus as our Lord, and SINCERELY, with our heart broken by our sins and our mind speaking out our repentance ("I'm so sorry") to God,   praying a prayer such as Romans 10,  verse 9.  

But God Himself repeatedly uses the word “backsliding” or “backslidings” plural, and related meanings, to show our CHOICE to move away from obedience to Him.   Our choice to reject God's way and do what we want, even if saved by Grace through Christ Jesus.  

Don't think about punishments and God's anger;  
Listen to the  HURT   we are causing our Almighty and Loving God in response for all His love for us:
 

3
God, help our hearts be broken    

        when we hurt You.              
Help us return to You and worship only you.         
    On bended knees with weeping,  Your people beg LORD:
      God, heal    our Nation's backslidings......
        Jeremiah 5,  verse 6.                 

 

READING 4 
Here is God's accusation of religious people through Hosea 11:7 ----
“My people are bent on backsliding from Me. Though they call to the Most High, None at all exalt Him.”

BUT This is God's loving PROMISE through Hosea 14:4, which Jesus fulfilled
by bringing a WAY to be healed from our sins and backslidings -- IF we just ask Him (that is -- pray and repent of what we've done).    

         "I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely, For My anger has turned away from him.”   See First John Chapter One   for God's CURE for our backslidings when we humble ourselves and  pray  to Him.

"Yet I  AM  the LORD your God Ever since the land of Egypt, And you shall know no God but Me; For there is no savior besides Me."  one chapter before,  in Hosea 13:  4       
NOTICE THE WORD  "SAVIOR"  here!

Song Story:  POSTSCRIPT---  God prophesied way back in Psalm 103 verse 12 that He would remove our sins from us "AS FAR AS THE EAST IS FROM THE WEST"  because of His mercy to those who humble themselves before Him.
      NOW   IF  ONLY   I could figure out how to get rid of those horrible draft vocal tracks forever....



©2012 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved.  FREE personal usage; see website

No comments:

Post a Comment