Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Stars Names Love, by DianaDee Osborne

STARS  NAMES  LOVE
1940s style music links astronomy and God's love....
ALBUM:      Amazing  Peace 'n' Passion  
Song location  http://DianaDeeOsborneSongs.com/Songs-2008-2012.php
God's SUPPORTING WORDS:
Psalm 147: 3 - 7
"The LORD, He heals the broken hearted, 
and binds up their wounds.  
He counts the number of the stars.  
He calls them all by name.  
Great is our Lord and mighty in power.  His understanding is infinite.  The LORD lifts up the humble.... Sing to the LORD with thanksgiving."


Song Story:  THE  MUSIC
    The chords and basic melody came from "playing around" at a piano while waiting for choir members to come one night.  The next day, I plugged the music into a set of lyrics I'd written the day before choir practice... but I still didn't have a title (and was praying for one!).  It's God's song after, all, so I figured He'd want something special about how special HE is.  
    Once the idea of having the three nouns as a title came to me, I had to figure out how to make a unified song that included the title.  (Logical progression is always nice!)
      And -- hence --     the chorus. 
    And -- hence --         lots of prayers of thanks to Creator God for the ideas!
In one of my studios we laugh that God's Creative Holy Spirit  has 'taught' me how to "warble" my voice to sing somewhat like Judy Garland and other old singers of the 1940s era.  I did NOT plan to do so --- but that's the way this song came out.  An old singing method about ancient stars... pretty cool!

Song Story:  THE  LYRICS:   I put the inspiration scripture on top, because this is
A KEY  WE  OFTEN  DO  NOT HEAR  IN CHURCHES:
GOD KNOWS the NAME of each and every STAR. 
And there are trillions of them, compared to a paltry few billion of people.  So it's LOGICAL:
GOD  KNOWS  YOU  by   NAME.

AND that amazing realization inspired this song.  The hardest thing about writing this song was coming up with a title.  I'm still thinking it's awkward -- but I prayed and prayed, and this is the title that kept coming to mind.  Three nouns that show us God's character:
    Stars        God The Creator
    Names     Jesus Who knows each of us personally
    Love        The Holy Spirit who yearns to be with us when we call to Him
    Here's some honesty for you:  I did not make THIS connection until the moment I was sitting here typing this Song Story (long after the song was completed).  Yes, I truly believe GOD guided this title for HIS song.
Dedicated to Jesus Who Names us, 12 November 2011

LYRICS
1
Long ago we thought thousands of stars were
pretty much all the same.  Just rocks.

Now we know that trillions of stars are
each UNIQUE, like each man and woman and child.
2
Long ago God already told us He
knows every star by name -- Psalm 147.
And since God knows each tiny star, you can
trust God knows YOUR  name, and loves you, knows you.

3
Long ago I thought I was just a nameless
person to God -- no one special.
Then I learned that God says my worth & YOURS is His Son's death on a
Cross.   God loves you.  Sent Jesus to save you.

CHORUS
Stars, special Names.  Love -- each show
our God, Creator's  Titus 3, verse 4   LOVE for you.
Stars, unique Names, Love --  each show
amazing God's Grace, Titus 3,  verse 5  HOPE for you.
God's stars, God's NAMES,  God's love -- each show
God's HEART to save YOU from HELL -- Titus 3, [verse] 4 to 7.

4
Now,  now, Yes I know God knows my name.
Psalm One-thirty-nine.  He made and named me.    [PSALM 139]
Now we should know that John 3: 16 is God's
story of Love for us, for YOU -- 

we're God's World He so loved.

CHORUS
Stars, special Names.  Love -- each show
our God, Creator's  Titus 3, verse 4 LOVE for you.
Stars, unique Names, Love --  each show
amazing God's Grace, Titus 3, verse 5 HOPE for you.
God's stars, God's NAMES,  God's love -- each show
God's HEART to save you from hell -- Titus 3, [verse] 4 to 7.


©2011 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved.  FREE personal usage; see website

No comments:

Post a Comment