Wednesday, December 19, 2012

GIMME GOD Prayers, by DianaDee Osborne

THIS 2-year-old song seems to fit the Christmas season well:)
"GIMME  GOD"  PRAYERS
ALBUM:      Amazing  Hope 'n'  Humor   
Song location  http://DianaDeeOsborneSongs.com/Songs-2008-2012.php
Song Story:  THE  MUSIC:   
        This song was a long time in development.  I knew the basic concept, that I wanted to emphasis selfishness in our prayers, and how silly it is to expect God to answer disrespectful DEMANDS
in the claim that He has to answer in order to "keep His promise". 
But because it's such a HEAVY topic, I wanted to include a lot of HUMOR
in the way it sounded --- to show how RIDICULOUS our prayers often sound to GOD also! 
Two Years later, God guided me to develop His song "Psalm 2 God Deriding". 
God indeed MOCKS  those who 
think there is no God beyond their control. 
What do we suppose He thinks of  "Gimme God" prayers pushing for our own way "in Jesus's Name"?

Song Story:  THE  LYRICS:   
During the week that we recorded the final vocal, I actually was in a church service where the long sermon vehemently claimed that God will do ANYTHING we ask.
That's partially Biblical...And a part truth = a Lie.  
Sermon reference:  First John 5:14 and 15.  What it actually says is -- quoting JESUS---
 “if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.” 

But that itty bitty phrase “according to His will”  gets left out of a lot of sermons on this and similar scriptures.  (YES -- PART of "Prosperity" sermons is correct!  God DOES love us and want us to prosper.  But He knows our most important need is a relationship with HIM.  God often waits to see if we trust Him.   OR WAITS UNTIL WE NOTICE  Him AND Pray.)

So do humble respectfulness for God's Majesty.  We give politicians more respect than God Our King.  Amazingly how many people quote Matthew 7:7 and 21:22 gleefully, but don't admit that God's Word includes Luke 22:35 --
        Jesus sent them out WITHOUT ANY MONEY OR ANYTHING -- but they lacked nothing.

OR LUKE 22  verse 42 --
EVEN JESUS DID NOT MAKE "GIMME GOD PRAYERS".
Song Story  CONTINUED AT END OF SONG.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LYRICS
SPOKEN:
Romans 5:8.  “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”   We should be ashamed at our attempts to control Almighty God with our prayers.  He's ALREADY proven His love--even if He never answered another “Gimme God” prayer.

SPOKEN:    But do we pray  THIS   way?
Verse 1
I wait for You, God.  I wait for You.  Where are those blessings I've asked from You?
You God have promised blessings:  John 14:  14.  I HOLD You to it, and Pray:

chorus 1
God give me
health, gimme wealth, gimme luck and lots of things.
Gimme beauty and success, gimme lots and lots of friends.  I hold You
TO IT, You Must DO it, God, or what would people think   if
You were a God who would not answer all our prayers?  If
You, God, refused to answer  all our prayers,  if
You did not PROVE to us  You God really care about us?


Verse 2
I wait for You, God.  I wait for You.   I've served You well, God.  Don't I deserve
to get these blessings I've asked.  Must I beg You?  Don't
let me down, God, I pray:

chorus 2
God, give me
peace, give me Power, gimme wisdom, gimme strength.  You Yourself
made this promise, You God answer all things!  I hold You
TO IT, You Must DO it, God, or what would people think   if
You, God, refused to answer  all our prayers,  if
You did not PROVE to us  You God really care about us?

SPOKEN:    IN  JAMES 4:3,                                                                                                              

God tells us, “And even when you do ask, you don't get it  because 
your whole motive is wrong--
you want only what will give you pleasure.”  
“You ask and do not receive,” says New King James Version, 
“because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your own pleasures.”
Romans 5:8.  “God demonstrates His own love toward us, 

in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”         
We should be ashamed at our attempts to control Almighty God with our prayers.  [He's ALREADY proven His love--even if He never answered another “Gimme God” prayer.]
    So Let us change to we pray THIS way, 

praying    RESPECTFULLY   to our LORD God.
Verse 3
I wait for You, God.  I wait for You.  You've proved Your love, God.  I don't deserve
to get these blessings I've asked.  I TRUST Your Love.
Forgive my selfish prayers!  

chorus 3
God, give me
peace, give me Power, gimme wisdom, gimme strength.  You Yourself
made this promise,  and I TRUST YOU in all things........................
....... If I don't see answers, I trust You, my King!
You are a God Who loves me, and I will trust You,  For
You, Jesus showed you care,   that you love us,  and
You already proved to us 

on that Cross 
that You love ME.

SPOKEN:                                                                                                                                              
Titus 1:2,   God CAN-NOT  lie.   [also Numbers 23:19  &  Romans 1:25  &  Hebrews 6:18 ]

So you can KNOW  this  from Romans 5:8
“God shows His own love toward YOU,  in that while YOU  were still a sinner,  Christ died for YOU.”  2nd Peter 3:9 ... God does not want ANYONE to perish....
 God has ALREADY proven His love for you ----
      even if He never answers  another 

“Gimme God”  prayer. 
                                                                                             (end of song)
=================================================================

God's SUPPORTING WORDS:
Song Story  CONTINUED
Here's the usual sermon outline for erroneous teachings based on partial scriptures:
1.    If we believe and have faith,  all we have to do is ask God for it.
2.    We have to have absolute belief, but God MUST do it because
               "He said so,  in Matthew 7:7".
3.    God honors 'good' people by answering their prayers.

    Here's what God's Word actually says     (Luke 22:42 etc.)  :   Jesus, the only truly Good Man who has ever lived, prayed for God to “take this cup away from Me.” 
    According to the above sermon, therefore God MUST do it.
    According to the sermon God HAD to take the cup from Jesus
because Jesus was literally a "good man".  And Jesus NEVER would have gone to the Cross. 
           And you and I would still be "dead in our sins"       
But Jesus respectfully added, “Not my will, but Yours, be done.” 
How can we ever think that we humans have the right 
to make GIMME GOD prayer demands on God?   EVEN JESUS did not.
We should be amazed that He so often lovingly DOES  give us blessings that we most assuredly do not deserve.  Just because He loves us.  
©2010 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved.  FREE personal usage; see website

No comments:

Post a Comment