Thursday, December 13, 2012

Weather Woes Praise, by DianaDee Osborne

WEATHER  WOES  PRAISE

ALBUM:      Amazing  Hope 'n' Humor
Song location  http://DianaDeeOsborneSongs.com/Songs-2008-2012.php
Song Story:  THE  MUSIC:   I literally just sat at a regular ol' piano and played a bunch of chord that sounded like “fun” progressions.... and penciled them on a piece of paper as I went.  Interpretation:  God's song!  At the J&T Studio (“Studio One”),  producer Johnny Kyle loved the song and the way I deliberately drawled out a “little girl's whiny voice”  for the “oh, why?  lines.
           Then, when I wasn't watching,   Johnny added the piece at the end:
           A woman's scream!  We're both still laughing.  
           Especially since that's the way EVERY person feels some days about things, don't we???   Thank God for God!

Song Story:  THE  LYRICS:   This was another fast AND fun song from God’s Holy Spirit!   I myself love hot weather, so all winter long, I respond to people complaining  about the winter cold that they’ll be  complaining about the heat in a few months.  And I really do believe God has a sense of humor about how we complain no matter what the weather.   HOWEVER, the Old Testament makes it quite clear:     
           God does NOT find it amusing when we keep complaining about Him with His deep love
for us.  Asking  "when's God going to answer my prayers?" 
for example.  Jesus references this in John 3:14  ---right before our favorite verse 16. 
People complained so much to God that 
God finally sent snakes to give them a good reason to complain.
 (See Numbers 21.)  Death came if they did not set aside pride and obey God by turning to the solution to death that He provided -- a model that Jesus later provided.  In our case: turning to Jesus Whom God lifted up on the cross to save all who look upon Him in faith.    See Numbers 11... complaints against God weren't new.
Dedicated to God Our Supplier,   16 July 2011

LYRICS
1
Have you ever wondered if God gave us the weather
so we'd have something to say... when we meet each other?
'Cause when we meet stranger or friend, what we say first thing
is complain about the weather God has made, like this, saying:


CHORUS
Oh, it's just too
HOT, it's too COLD,  it's too WET -- mold will grow.
It's too DRY -- all this dust keeps blowing in my eyes.
It's too CLOUDY,  it's too BRIGHT:
I am blinded by this light.
But there's one thing this weather is NOT:
         It's not RIGHT.

Oh, why won't God bless us with
weather that I  like?   Oh......... why?  Oh......... why?   Oh......... why?
        Oh......... why? 


2
God warns us to rejoice no matter how things are.
In things we like or not... see Philippians 4: 12.  And see
God's Word in verse 6:  'cause Christ will give you STRENGTH,
so you can endure all things, verse 13....
so stop praying,  "GOD.....


CHORUS
Oh, it's just too
HOT, it's too COLD,  it's too WET -- mold will grow.
It's too DRY -- all this dust keeps blowing in my eyes.
It's too CLOUDY,  it's too BRIGHT:
I am blinded by this light.
But there's one thing this weather is NOT:
__________  It's not RIGHT.                                  
Oh, why won't God bless us with
weather that I  like?   Oh......... why?     [ get a nice nasal-y whine in there !]


3
God, I  CHOOSE TO  PRAISE YOU  in sunshine AND  in rain.
Although I may not like it....... the weather will change again!
But You have promised me, Philippians 4: 13,
I can weather the weather we see.
Help me STOP  praying so self-ishly:

CHORUS
Oh, it's just too
HOT, it's too COLD,  it's too WET -- mold will grow.
It's too DRY -- all this dust keeps blowing in my eyes.
It's too CLOUDY,  it's too BRIGHT:
I am blinded by this light.
But there's one thing this weather is NOT:
         It's not RIGHT.

Oh, why won't God bless us with
weather that I  like?   Oh......... why?  Oh......... why?   Oh......... why?
        Oh......... why?  

                                                AAaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!
God's SUPPORTING WORDS:
THROUGH PAUL IN Philippians 4: 10 to 13, 
God reminds us to decide that we will be satisfied to wait upon God 
with joy, trusting Him, when things around us appear to be bad-- 
When our FEELINGS say that God is not blessing us with good weather or “whatever.”      

Beginning at  Philippians 4:10, “But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly… I know how to be abased and how to abound. Everywhere and in ALL things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and suffer needs.  I CAN DO ALL THINGS  THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME.”
©2011 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved.  FREE personal usage; see website

No comments:

Post a Comment