Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Cold Hunger Cure, by DianaDee Osborne

COLD  HUNGER  CURE 
ALBUM:      Amazing Joy 'n' Choices
Song location  http://DianaDeeOsborneSongs.com/Songs-2008-2012.php
Song Story:   This entire song just “came into my head..."  I couldn't write fast enough to keep up and was praying all along to not forget as both lyrics and music poured through my hands.
       My studio recorded the full vocal and piano tracks the same day.
       It was on the World Wide Web by the next afternoon in October 2010.
       Another song literally from God, just "through”  me.  I keep thinking of the soft drink commercial:  If only we global neighbors would join to sing for real support of  people who are starving or cold, instead of for sugary water. The chorus reflects how, instead, we humans tend to be so "me-centered" with our real, yes real, physical and emotional pains... but not seeing others' pains.  Somehow when we shift our focus to helping others, our own pains seem diminished...
Dedicated to God whose hands we can choose to be, 19 October 2010

LYRICS
1
Many   are the mornings when a child just wants... bread.
Many   are the mornings when she  has water instead.
Many   are the mornings when she looks to her day ahead
        and wonders:  “Will my hunger pains.... ever end?”
 

2
Many   are the afternoons when a child shivers with cold.
Many   are the afternoons when he shakes under a thin coat.
Many   are the afternoons when he looks to his day ahead
        and wonders:   “Will my coldness.... ever end?”


CHORUS 1   (optional:  change to "us" and "we've")
Lord, help me see    Your world in need.
I've been so blind to others' needs!
Yes, I've had pain,  AND Your healings....
God, help me be YOUR hands to
    heal Your children.... of hunger pains.... and other pains.....

3
Many   are the evenings when I get in my warm bed,
    wondering, “What did I do with my Life throughout this day?”
    “Does God have a purpose for me?”  
    “Life feels meaningless sometimes”..... “Will my sadness........ ever end?”   


CHORUS 2
Lord, help me see    Your world in need.
I've been so blind to others' needs!
Yes, I've had pain,  AND Your healings....
God, help me be YOUR hands to
    heal Your children.... of hunger pains.... and other pains.....

CHORUS 3 -- ALL
Lord, help US see    Your world in need.
We've been so blind to others' needs!
Yes, we've had pain,  AND Your healings....
God, help US  be YOUR hands to
    heal Your children.... of hunger pains.... and other pains.....


God's SUPPORTING WORDS:
“Now may the God of peace who brought up our Lord Jesus from the dead, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,
make you complete in every good work to do His will, working in you
what is well pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ“     -- Hebrews 13:20 and 21 NKJV

THEN THEY ALSO WILL ANSWER HIM [Jesus] saying
'lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?' Then He will answer them, saying, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.'  And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."  -- Jesus, in Matthew 25: 44-46
Notice that Jesus repeatedly through the Gospels says that hell is a real  place for those who sadden Him by refusing to accept His offer of a joy-filled life here,  plus   ETERNAL LIFE  as their One way to God,  as their LORD
©2010 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved.  FREE personal usage; see website

No comments:

Post a Comment