Monday, October 29, 2012

In Sympathy Prayer, by DianaDee Osborne

IN  SYMPATHY  PRAYER 
ALBUM:      Amazing LORD  'n'  Life
Song location  http://DianaDeeOsborneSongs.com/Songs-2008-2012.php
Song Story:  THE  MUSIC:
        I drove through the night after my church musician job ended one evening... 7 hours driving to my husband's parents' house.  Got to their town around 3 AM -- rather early for knocking on the door!  So I pulled into a church cemetery that was hidden from the road, and slept in the van for a few hours  When I awoke, it was STILL too early to go a-knockin',  so I pulled out my guitar and journal and wrote this entire song.
Song Story:  THE  LYRICS:
        Guided by God  literally, in moments literally.  When I came home a few days later, I learned that my dear friend Joan Slater had unexpectedly died.  So instead of a sympathy card, I gave her family a copy of this song.  Written in loving memory of not just her but of SO  many men and women of God who have worshiped and served God all their lives -- who have “graduated” to eternal life and now rejoicingly  worship Him in person in the place Jesus prepared for them..... and for us.
Dedicated to our COMFORTING God 19 May 2010

God's SUPPORTING WORDS:
“Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.  And since I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself;  that where I am, there you may be also.  And where I go you know, and   The Way    you know.”  
-- Jesus,   thorugh  John 14: 1  -4  New KJV

[ *For this song prayer,  modify pronouns as needed to  her,  them,  and so on.
You can also substitute the person's name.]
 
LYRICS
1
As more time passes,  we'll miss her*  the more...  This
song prayer is to say that
YOU  [optional name]  are much prayed over.   Yes, we
know  she's with God.  And we'll
SEE her again
.  Still I
pray you'll feel God's deep comfort
and the love of your friends...   We are
HERE.    I  am  HERE.    I will
COME to you....   and I     PRAY.
2
Do NOT let your heart be troubled,  for
we   know that she  loved Jesus as her Lord of all, so
Jesus went before.  John 14 -- she's in her mansion
worshiping her dear Lord.  And she
prays you'll feel God's deep comfort
and the love of your friends... GOD IS
HERE.   God is  HERE.   God Who
COMES to you
.... is  God  Who  STAYS.

©2010 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved.  FREE personal usage; see website

No comments:

Post a Comment