Thursday, October 11, 2012

Grace-Full Weakness, by DianaDee Osborne

GRACE-FULL  WEAKNESS
ALBUM:      Amazing Love 'n' Lullabies
Song location    http://DianaDeeOsborneSongs.com/Songs-2008-2012.php
Song Story:
        I admit it:  I am embarrassed by the reason that this song so very quickly flowed through my pen.  I'd been so excited that it seemed God was answering my prayers from a year earlier to serve Him with songwriting.  [See Song Story for “Third of Despair & Hope.]   I was so excited to watch Him draw me to find a studio producer “accidentally” through a casual conversation at church.  So excited the first time I put a draft CD into my boom box to hear what I'd recorded the night before.
                And then... 
       My voice sounded so thin and blah.  I was truly in despair at how ridiculous it was that I could serve God with music... Even though I never wanted to be a touring musician, nevertheless 'no one' would bother listening to actually painful song samples!!!   So I was a bit damp when I wrote GRACE-FULL WEAKNESS, and you can hear that in the recording.  I KEPT that  FIRST voice track recording as the official production track,  as evidence that God's Word in 2 Corinthians 12:9  is  TRUE.  
I thank God so much for the truths in this, His song -- including the last line:
 Our weaknesses are not beyond God.  In fact, they come in handy when we start getting a few prideful thoughts tripping into our minds! 
        I now know how studios can make average singers sound pretty good when they start developing the initial recordings!  Yet this was one of the best SORROW times of my life -- realizing just how deeply I needed Our loving Holy Spirit's power for ANY ministry.   Ephesians 3:20 always, with the purpose being verse 21 ----
to God's Great Glory!
Dedicated to God, who empowers.. Eph. 3:20....  2 March 2009

LYRICS
VERBAL INTRO TO SONG:
        It is silly, how often we tell God that we have too many weaknesses and failings to serve Him.
        We are NO SURPRISE to God! He even knew us BEFORE we were born – Psalm 139.   In fact, KNOWING that we are weak and need God actually protects us from pride, from SELF-focus in the midst of serving our Lord. God tells you and me through 2nd Corinthians 12, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Paul’s words about himself provide an example for us all to follow and truly believe: “Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”
We  INSULT God when we inform Him that we’re too weak.

VERSE 1 --  MY prayer to God  (slow, pensive) :
Dear God, how I love You, how I yearn to be .........
    a powerful witness and servant for You.
       But I see my weakness, my failures, my faults . . . .
           God, You can do better ____ than me .
               I love You and I’m so sorry I’m __ like me.

VERBAL INTERLUDE.   God lovingly answers our prayers, even when they are not questions or requests.   When we sorrow at how much we fail Him, God reminds us of His words – as in this paraphrase of Zechariah 4:6 “It is not by YOUR might or by YOUR power, but  by MY Holy Spirit says the Lord of Hosts.”
 
Here are the comforting Words our Lord God has already shared with us:
VERSE 2 --  GOD speaking to YOU:
I’ll use you despite all your weakness you see,
        IF you choose to offer your whole self to Me.

You’ll find truth: “God’s grace is sufficient for thee,”
       I promised in 2 Corinthians 12, verse 9: ...
God’ strength is shown perfect through your weakness.

CHORUS
For I am Your Savior, I’ve loved you forever.
You insult My love if you think you’re My slave. <hold>
You insult My power if you think your weakness
is far more than I ----can bear, ----My child.
Your weakness is not beyond Me, Your God. ............

VERSE 3
GOD  continues to speak His word to you  through  2nd Corinthians 12:

Your weakness is not some big surprise to Me.
Your failings ARE gifts I WOULD accept gladly.
Rejoice through your problems and perplexities.
“My grace is sufficient for thee,”   My child.....
when you give all your heart to  Me, My child....
Then just trust the Harvest to Me, Your God !!!

CHORUS  -- YOUR Lullaby  from Jesus our Trinity God,  John 10: 30,
For I am Your Savior,  I’ve loved  you  forever.
You insult My love if you think you’re My slave.       <hold to think about this>
You insult My power if you think your weakness
is far more than I ----can bear, ----My child.
Your weakness is not beyond Me, Your God. ............


SUPPORTING WORDS:
       “...of myself I will not boast, except in my infirmities.... Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.” -- 2 Corinthians 12: 5a, 8, 9.
©2009 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved.  FREE personal usage; see website

No comments:

Post a Comment