Saturday, November 3, 2012

Crunchy Coffee Blues, by DianaDee Osborne


CRUNCHY  COFFEE  BLUES 
ALBUM:      Amazing Hope 'n' Humor
Song location  http://DianaDeeOsborneSongs.com/Songs-2008-2012.php
Song Story -- THE  LYRICS:
         This is one of my favorite song stories.  Sadly (my 'sob story' !) --  this song is based on a TRUE  cup of crunchy coffee.  I'd been at one music festival for a week, saving money by bringing cheap groceries and not buying anything at vendors'  booths.  It rained all week.  Then I went to the next festival... it rained all week.  (Insert whine-y  violin music here:)    Finally I decided that I “deserved” to buy just one big, hot cup of coffee.  And you can figure out how the story goes from there........  !

Song Story --  THE  MUSIC:
         I had been praying for some jazz music and decided to "just sit at the piano" while waiting for dinner to cook one day.  This music "just happened,"   in God's way of inspiring.  I honestly do NOT have this type of skill naturally!
Dedicated to our Holy God, 24 October 2009
LYRICS
1a
Well,  All my little heart desired was _ one cup of coffee.
That's such a simple, humble little hope! _ _
        Why can't my life be easy?  How hard can it be
        to dump grounds in and get smooth pleasure out?!!

1b
The day was cold, my heart was hopeful _ for rich smooth coffee.
That's such a simple, humble little hope! _ _
        One sip, and I knew my day would be blue:
        My teeth went CRUNCH, and coffee grounds stuck there like glue.


2a
One little, scratchy, icky, bitter _ coffee ground
choked me when I tried to drink my _ coffee down.
        Only way for pleasure is to _ pour it through
        a filter to remove the grounds and _ make it smooth.

2b
One little, scratchy, icky, bitter _ sin in me
chokes God up with sorrow when He _ thinks of me.

You, God deserve pleasure, so please _ pour me through
Your filter to remove my sins and _ make me pure.


3a
My cup hid what I _ could not see:
Crunchy coffee grounds that truly _ sickened me.
        I choose  for my pleasure then to _ pour it through
        a filter to remove the ground and please me.

3b
My life can hide sins people _ may not see.
Even so called small sins truly _ sicken God.
I choose for God's pleasure then to willingly go through
whatever God knows can help me be holy....


TAG
First Peter 1:16 --- Be holy as God.
Colossians 1: 22 --- Let Jesus make you holy.


God's SUPPORTING WORDS:
"For it pleased the Father that in Him [JESUS] all the fullness should dwell,  and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross.  And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight -- if   indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard...."
-- Colossians 1: 19-23a   New KJV

©2009 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved.  FREE personal usage; see website

No comments:

Post a Comment