Monday, November 26, 2012

SAID WHAT ??? (Christian Jazz), by DianaDee Osborne

SAID  WHAT ???   (Christian Jazz)
ALBUM:      Amazing HOPE 'n' Humor  
Song location  http://DianaDeeOsborneSongs.com/Songs-2008-2012.php
Song Story:  THE  LYRICS:   I
     The music just came into my head as I was driving early one morning.
     To be honest, when I first had the idea, I sorta prayed to God, “Say what?”
    And that sorta helped me onto the path of keeping that question concept as the basis for this weird song.
        One of my fervent prayers is that LORD God will give me so many different songs with so many different music styles and moods that logical-thinking people will see the evidence that it HAS to be God guiding me to have these song ideas... I'm sure no type of genius.    Well, this one is different, to be sure.  At least, it's not like anything I've every heard.  But I like 'weird.'   Lots of colors and shades in God's creative world! 

 
Song Story:  THE  MUSIC:   I really had to struggle to write out the music for this song.  The chords don't fit normal music theory.... this is way beyond anything I'd think up without the Holy Spirit's Creator help!
       When I first wrote the song,  I had just sat at the computer controller and started playing this song.  So later I literally had to study the printed score to figure out what chords I was playing in order to record them for other musicians who may want to rejoice with God using this song.
       The usual phrase is for people to say “I have no idea where this idea came from.”  But of course, we know God the Creator answers prayers for inspiration... and sometimes with weird songs like this!  
       The QUESTIONS vocal lines were written in minutes, as were the melody and chords.  Jazz style is beyond my natural skills... timing has always been my weakness, and God really had to help me write the music sheet for this shuffle song.
       But the words for the ANSWER vocal lines took quite a lot of  prayers for wisdom (James 1:5) and Bible research.... Jesus said so many wonderful Words from God that it was hard to keep this song at only 4 verses!
Dedicated to our Lord Jesus Who said Amazing Things!  6 September 2010

LYRICS 
1 
Jesus said WHAT?
    “Men cannot kill me.  I shall rise up from the grave.”

 Jesus did WHAT??
    Died on a cross, then rose again, just like He said.

 Jesus did  NOT! ...
    ... show a dead body when 

        He appeared to 500 men.   (verse 6)

Jesus   DID  all He promised:  Miracle things.
    And He still does -- First Corinthians, Chapter 15 -- check it out!  
(NLT link)

2 
Jesus said WHAT?
    “I am Your God.  I'm Life, so Death can't win over Me.”
 Jesus did WHAT??
    Gave you the choice to let Him be your Lord -- Romans 10.
 Jesus did  NOT!
    ...want you to  choose Death, so He came for all
:  John 3:16.  (and 17) 
Jesus   DID  all He promised:  Miracle things.
    And He still does -- First Corinthians, Chapter 15 -- check it out! 
(NIV  link)

3 
Jesus said WHAT?
    Don't let your heart be troubled -- Believe in God and in Me.
 Jesus did WHAT??
    Went to prepare a place in Heaven for you and me.
Jesus did  NOT!
    ...leave us without a way to God -- see John 14.
Jesus   DID  all He promised:  Miracle things.
    And He still does
-- First Corinthians, Chapter 15 -- check it out!  (NASB link)

4
 Jesus said WHAT?
    “Go tell the World about Me.” -- Matthew 28:10.
 Jesus did WHAT??
    Sent you His Spirit to bring God's Power -- John 14.   (NASB link)

 Jesus did  NOT!
    ...leave us alone as orphans -- John 14 again.  (New Living Translation link)


         Jesus DID  .... all He promised:                                              
                    Miracle things.
                  And He still does --  
                First Corinthians, Chapter 15 -- check it out!                                                                    

©2010 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved.  FREE personal usage; see website

No comments:

Post a Comment