Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Lost Sheep's Tale, by DianaDee Osborne

LOST  SHEEP's  TALE
ALBUM:      Amazing Creator 'n'  Critters
Song location  http://DianaDeeosborneSongs.com/NEW-Songs.php
Song Story:  THE  MUSIC:
           A couple of years ago, this song would have gone into the old AMAZING HOPE 'N' HUMOR album...  But God has blessed me with a number of Animal songs, so it gets its own album!  I left the song with my Professional Studio 1 for development.  When I returned for it,  I found that Johnny Kyle had added a whole FLOCK of sheep bah'ing throughout the song!  He kept saying "You can't say 'sheep' without people hearing sheep!"  So Johnny gets the credit for this creative touch!
            I was outdoors somewhere experimenting with country guitar strumming -- and somehow, God-how, this song "happened"!
Song Story:  THE  LYRICS:
          I was really surprised to be unable to find another song written from the lost sheep's perspective.  Many of the scriptures about lost sheep have humans identifying with sheep. 
          Like David's Psalm 119 near the end,  “I have gone astray like a lost sheep; Seek Your servant, For I do not forget Your commandments.”  
    Why would a sheep leave its comfort and protection?   I wondered?

         Imagining myself as my stubborn cat Lea helped me to get a new perspective on sheep....
Sheep think they are SMARTER  than the Shepherd who cares for them and dearly loves them,   who forces them to rest (see Psalm 23)  ONLY so they will not become weak or sick.   Lea gets angry with me when I force her to stay in the fold's safety (the house!)  where the wild animals and other dangers cannot take her life.  She's always trying to escape.
May we not be that stupid to our LORD  God Shepherd.

dedicated to Jesus our Loving Shepherd, 1 September 2012
LYRICS
1    (the sheep's song:)
Day after day I see the same:  99 sheep,  plus ME,  and “Him”.
Day after day it's always the same:  99 sheep plus ME eating.
    Day after day He calls our names.  Cleans our wool.  Acts loving.
    Forces us to lie and rest
        by still waters.  Says it is best.
BUT I'm just  little old me.  He has 99 better sheep.  I'll
slip away.  Go my way.  This Jesus will never miss me.  Sure,
    Let this Jesus shepherd others.
    I can take care of me.     I just want to be free.


INTERLUDE MUSIC:   

“Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound! ..... Jesus loves the Lile children..” 
2    (the sheep continues)
Day after day I make my plans.  99 sheep for just two hands.
That Shepherd is so busy.  I know He surely WON'T miss me.
    Day after day He calls MY name.  Cleans my dirt, speaks so loving.
    But it's not what I believe.
        WHY WOULD JESUS CARE ABOUT   ME?
For I'm just plain old me.
  I'll make my opportunity to
slip away from 99 sheep.  I'll be in charge of ME!   Sure,
    Let this Jesus shepherd others.
    God is not Who I need.     I just want to be free.


==================================

READINGS
“I have gone astray like a lost sheep; Seek Your servant, For I do not forget Your commandments.”      -- Psalm 119: 176     prayer through David
"What man of you, having a hundred sheep,
if he loses one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness, and
go after the one which is lost until he finds it? ... And when he comes home,
he calls together his friends and neighbors, saying to them,
'Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!'
I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over
one sinner who repents
than over 99  just persons who need no repentance.”    - Jesus,   Luke 15

3  
Day after day I'm still amazed.  Jesus LOVES me despite my hate.
First John 4,  verse 10,   is Him:   God loved me before I loved Him.
    Day after day, He calls our names.  Cleans our sins when we repent.
    Requires us to obey him.
        FOR OUR GOOD  -- NOT JUST FOR HIM.
NO ONE is “just plain old me.”    Jesus DEARLY loves each sheep.
“99  sheep is never enough!” ----  GOD calls out to YOU.   That's
    why LORD Jesus gave His life for YOU:  
    Let Him take care of you.    John 15,  He'll set you FREE.


God's SUPPORTING WORDS:
ISAIAH 53:6  and on   PROPHECY of the MESSIAH TO COME.... Jesus:
"All we like sheep have gone astray; We have turned, every one, to his own way; And the LORD has laid on Him the iniquity [sin, punishment for sin] of us all."

LUKE 15 --  "What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he loses one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness, and go after the one which is lost until he finds it?  And when he has found [it], he lays [it] on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he comes home, he calls together [his] friends and neighbors, saying to them, 'Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!'  "I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance."
John 8: 36   "Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed."

ENDING MUSIC:   
“Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound! ..... Jesus loves the Little children..”

©2012 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved.  FREE personal usage; see website

No comments:

Post a Comment