Friday, November 2, 2012

Lullaby OF God, by DianaDee Osborne

LULLABY  OF  GOD (Shelter in My Arms)
ALBUM:      Amazing Grace 'n' Tears
Song location  http://DianaDeeOsborneSongs.com/Songs-2008-2012.php
Song Story:  THE  MUSIC:  I have no idea.  I just began writing, and this "came out."    It is GOD's lullaby......
Song Story:  THE  LYRICS:
         This was the first song story I was led by God to write.
         The initial inspiration -- and the initial title of “Shelter in My Arms” -- was inspired by my little cat Emily,who will rest safely in my arms awhile -- but then suddenly fears another cat and dashes away from me to try to hide from danger by her own power.  Forgetting that I am the power who’d lovingly protect her.
          Like WE dash away from GOD.    2nd inspiration, which moved this to become a LULLABY:     During homework for a study of John Chapter 3, I suddenly realized that I’d just glided past verses 16 and 17 thinking to myself, “yes, I know those verses.” We humans often use the phrase “I love you” as an addition to “good-bye” as someone is leaving. These words came to  my heart as it dawned on me ------
         God would NEVER do that to us. When He has said “I love you” – all the many times God has said “I love you” in both words and in His actions including on the cross, He MEANT  them.  But He loves us and respects us too much to force us to come to Him.  He INVITES in Matt. 11:28: "Come unto me, all [ye] that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."  JESUS WARN'T A COWBOY but a comforting Shepherd calling then, calling now.       
Dedicated to our Lord, 29 November 2008

LYRICS  .. a  lullaby of love FROM  God to you:
“I  LOVE  YOU.”   Don’t think that these words mean nothing.
I’ve loved you forever --- you are My darling.

I yearn to fold you in My arms,
protect My darling from all harms,
shelter you from fears and alarms -----

BUT     you..... must come..... to Me:
Love     won’t force you.              Come to
Me.       I won’t force you.            Come to
Me.       I’ll protect you.                Seek your
God.     You’ll find I love you.      In God’s
arms,    you’ll find your shelter.... and God’s  love.


God's SUPPORTING WORDS:
A prayer  OF  God,  TO  you:
“How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under [her] wings, but you were not willing!”  -- Jesus,
in Matthew 23:37
©2008 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved.  FREE personal usage; see website

No comments:

Post a Comment