Wednesday, January 9, 2013

God's Pearl Necklace, by DianaDee Osborne

GOD'S  PEARL  NECKLACE
ALBUM:      Amazing  JOY 'n' Choices   
Song location  http://DianaDeeOsborneSongs.com/Songs-2008-2012.php
Song Story:  THE  MUSIC:   
    I confess:   I really  do  not  like  this  song.
    I  had  to force myself to stop whining whenever I needed to work on it.
    It just makes me so very, very, very sad with the memories it brings to mind.
    You see,    God had been asking me to let go of several strings of pearls for awhile... Some church music and youth ministries that I  loved.  (How I dearly loved teaching the high school and college age youth.) 
     I  was heartbroken when I wrote this song.  I had much difficulty recording it without my voice breaking.  Even while know God would provide “better” after I showed my trust in Him. 
    Definitely needed God's Holy Spirit's power just to get through the words so that they can reach out to you. 
    Still don't like the song because it reminds me of how much I STILL  miss those ministries....     
Yet God, as always, is faithful.  
Our feelings are frequently mistaken.... We CAN each trust God's Love.
Every one of us can trust our Loving Heavenly Father with our fake pearls even if we don't see why He wanted them.   Even when we don't yet see any joy from trusting God enough to give over to Him all our spiritual childhood 'toys.'
With Thanks to God Who Gives Better, 10 Sept 2010

GOD'S SUPPORTING  SCRIPTURES
Jesus, Matthew 13: 45-46:  “The kingdom of heaven is like a merchant seeking             beautiful pearls, who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and  SOLD
        all that he had and bought it.”
First Timothy 6:17  “[Don't] trust in uncertain riches but in the
                living God, who gives us richly all things to enjoy.”          -NKJV

 LYRICS
1
All day the girl would gently touch the pearls around her neck.  No
matter that these were just fake, in her life, they were best:
                   They gave her JOY.    They gave her JOY.   
2
Her father came on one birthday to this child with a gift-wrapped box:
“Do you love me?” he asked. “Do you trust me?  
             Trade your pearls for my gift,” he asked.    
             “Trust me to give JOY.   “Trust me to give JOY."
3
Oh, NO!” My pearls are MINE!”  she cried. “Please don't take my pearls away.”
            “They are yours,” her Daddy told her as he put his gift box away.
                           He had no JOY.   He had no JOY.    

4
Year after Birthday Year he asked.  
Year after year she said “NO.”   
     How she  cherished her fake pearl necklace.  She just could not let go.
                      It gave her JOY.  It gave her JOY.
5
Then came a Birthday when the woman welcomed her dad in.
“These are YOURS,” she said as she handed him those fake pearls with a grin.
“Let me bring you JOY,  dear Dad,” 
she said.  “I want to give YOU joy.”

6
Her dad gave her his tattered box.  With tears she shook her head.  “No, I
just want YOU,      my dear dad.”  But he said, “Please take my Gift. 
        SPOKEN:
                So she opened the tattered box..... 
and found REAL pearls.
Pearls that had been there for her all along.
 
7
   Do YOU look at your past joys and sorrow that they're gone?                      
Do you clutch at happiness with FEAR                                                           
there will come a time when God asks,                                                          
        SPOKEN:       “Give me YOUR  pearls.”  ?
 

8
Let go of all your old pearls.   Trust God's Father love.  
Philippians 3 Verse 13 says it's time to reach forward to God
    SPOKEN:      And He'll give you REAL pearls.

SPOKEN at end of song: 
GOD tells us through Philippians 3: 13 to 15  "forget those things which are behind and reach  forward to those things that He lovingly has waiting for you!"

Scriptures continue:  “I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.  Therefore let us, as many as are mature, have this mind; and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal even this to you....”

First Timothy 6:17  “Don't  trust in uncertain riches but in the  living God, who gives us richly all things to enjoy.”          -NKJV 
Song Story:   NOTE.  Extensive research shows that the story about "Jenny's Pearl Necklace" (and the title varies from website to website) around which this ORIGINAL song by DianaDee was modeled --  has been circulating in many, many places on the Internet for several years.  Each reprint says "Author Unknown" or fails to give any authorship info at all.  By definition, that means the material is Public Domain. 
©2010 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved.  FREE personal usage; see website

No comments:

Post a Comment