Monday, January 14, 2013

Pertinacious (song), by DianaDee Osborne

PERTINACIOUS
ALBUM:      Amazing  Big God  'n'  Big Words   
Song location  http://DianaDeeOsborneSongs.com/Songs-2008-2012.php

CLICK HERE FOR AUDIO  download (FREE)
Song Story:  THE  MUSIC:   
         I was having trouble with a specific song note, so Claxton at VwP Studio “looped” that single measure so I could practice it --- over and over and over AND OVER.  
        So, yes, I “got it” when we re-recorded.  But, at the end, when I listened to the playback of the final scripture, God put this thought in my mind and I said, “Hey... wait a minute.....”  And thus, the final scripture reads"
“GOD IS FAITHFUL WHO PROMISED... WHO PROMISED... WHO PROMISED.....”
Song Story:  THE  LYRICS:  
           The song story for HEBETUDINICITY 
describes how I came up with the fun idea of searching for “big words” to write songs about.  It went from being just a game to being parables about our  BIG  GOD Who is far beyond big words!  The original title for this song was “Contumacious”... but I remembered enough at my campsite (no dictionary or computer within miles) that this was a negative word.  So actually the song title was created over a week after the song... after I could search for a better word that meant
         ADAMANTLY STUBBORN,
         RESOLVED TO FOLLOW OUR GREAT LORD, 

                    NO MATTER WHAT THE COST.

Dedicated to our Resolute God Who Hold Us...  PERTINACIOUSLY, 20 June 2010

LYRICS
1
I choose to die to ev'ry sin that's     
fun for me but offends Him.  Oh,
God, this song is my earnest prayer:  I    
Know You're listening, know You care:

Romans 6: 12,   Please help me    
re-FUSE to let Sin reign in me!
Romans 6: 10,  You died for me.    
Jesus, help me live for You!

2
I choose to be pertinacious, God.    
I know You DO give much grace, God.
But I yearn to be holy.     So        
I ask You to please help me.

First Thessalonians, Chapter 3 Help    
me stubbornly reflect Thee!                  
Help me be pertinacious,                    
always stubborn to live for You!        

GOD'S SUPPORTING SCRIPTURES
ROMANS 6:  6 to 14   New KJV         Click here for New Living Translation 
  ...knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, 
that we should no longer be slaves of sin.  
For he who has died has been freed from sin.
 Now if we died with Christ,   we believe that we shall also live with Him, 
knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. 
   Death no longer has dominion over Him. 
For [the death] that He died, He died to sin once for all; 
but [the life] that He lives, He lives to God. 
Likewise you also,
 reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, 
but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.  
Therefore do not let  sin reign in your mortal body, 
that you should obey it in its lusts. 
And do not present your members [body][as] instruments of unrighteousness to sin, 
but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, 
and your members [as] instruments of righteousness to God. 
For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

©2010 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved.  FREE personal usage; see website

No comments:

Post a Comment