Thursday, January 24, 2013

I Praise You "DESPITE" (Psalm 71), by DianaDee Osborne

I  PRAISE  YOU  "DESPITE"   (Psalm 71,  46:1)
ALBUM:      Amazing  Grace 'n' Tears   
Song location  http://DianaDeeOsborneSongs.com/Songs-2008-2012.php
CLICK HERE   FOR AUDIO  download (FREE) 

GOD'S ENCOURAGING WORD:   
 “But I will hope continually, And will praise You yet more and more.” – Psalm 71:14
 

“Why are you cast down, O my soul?  And why are you disquieted within me?  
Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him 
for the help of His countenance.”Psalm 71:  5 & 11
“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.” --
Psalm 46: 1 RSV

Song Story:  THE  LYRICS:   
Dedicated to our Lord, verses June 2007, chorus November 2008.
THE DEDICATION tells a bit of the song story:
This was among the first few songs that I  ATTEMPTED  to write
before God's Holy Spirit began pouring HIS power through me to
write His songs, beginning after that horrendous day 7 March 2008  
(CLICK HERE for full story that's told in  "THIRD OF DESPAIR AND HOPE").  
The music of these verses are,  honestly,  "blah."  
God's words are Great.  MY music isn't.  I'd been trying since June 2006 to write songs
(another song story.... I CHOOSE YOUR CHOICE:).  
           Thinking about these bad attempts........
      One day as I was SADLY praying, thinking of the         
            VERSES below with their   BLAH   music,
    Suddenly I just started "belting out" 
      with JOY the words *AND*  MUSIC
   that now make up the chorus.  Wow, It is
         truly, assuredly, without a doubt:
                      GOD'S SONG.                           

LYRICS
VERSE 1
I praise You despite all the troubles I see.
I praise You
despite fears that urge me to flee.
I praise You
despite taunts by Your enemy
that say I can't trust.... in You.      
That say I'm a fool if I do.  
[see what Jesus said in John 8: 44 ]
CHORUS 1
But You are my Savior.  

You've loved me forever.
I insult Your love when I say “God won't care.”
I insult Your power when I think   my problems are
far more than I ...... can bear......... can bear.

VERSE 2
I praise You
despite feeling sad and lonely.
I praise You
despite feeling very weary.
I praise You  TO  spite  tries by Your enemy to
    stop me from praising You,.....

          to stop me from loving You.

CHORUS 2
FOR  You are my Savior.
You've loved me forever.
I insult Your love when I say “God won't care.”
I insult Your power when I  think  my problems are
far more than I ...... can bear......... can bear.

       BUT         
   I can't unless ......... You...... help   me.   
 
©2007, 2008 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved.  FREE personal usage; see website

No comments:

Post a Comment