Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Stuck On Red (Country Humor Song), by DianaDee Osborne

STUCK  ON  RED 
ALBUM:      Amazing  Hope 'n' Humor   
Song location  http://DianaDeeOsborneSongs.com/Songs-2008-2012.php
CLICK HERE FOR country version --  AUDIO  download (FREE) 

and you can also CLICK HERE for ROCK version -- free music

Song Story:  THE  MUSIC:   
The radio announcer really did warn the Capital City drivers to avoid a street whose light was “stuck on red.”  But obviously the warning came too late for those already there. I was driving in light traffic elsewhere, but my immediate thought went to all the trials and failures I'd experienced during the week... of how it seemed as if my life was 'stuck on red' with me going nowhere.

    Thankfully, God brought to my memory many other times when I'd felt that way... and later learned great blessings during the wait.  Back to Psalm 46:10, a frequent reference in my songs for a reason!  Blessings I never would have noticed if I'd been racing down my life's road without being forced to stop.  Have you ever noticed the second verse of the 23rd Psalm?

    The Lord MAKES us lie down by still waters to rest.... for our good.
But we must be careful to use the 'stuck' time to remember and talk with and follow our Lord... so we won't need to be stuck 40 years in our life's wilderness before listening to His wise and loving guidance.

Dedicated to our Lord, 15 July 2009


LYRICS
The Beginning
I kid you not -- the radio said,
“Don't take Main Street -- light's stuck on Red.”
That's all I need -- I'm  already here --
Trapped by a Red light,  no escape near.
STUCK at  a Red light,  no escape near.
STUCK at  a Red light,  no escape near.
Stuck on Red, I look AROUND.
People yelling, fears abound:  “How
can we get places in time when
stop lights stay on Red?”  we whine.
 “Why won't God un-stick me?”

Part 1
Stuck on Red, I look ABOVE --
See a sight I once much loved:
Glowing pink sky as sunrise dawns,
Soaring high song-birds floating along
Highways of clouds filled with joyful songs. (echo)
Stuck on Red, yet my hopes do rise!
My life's stuck on Red, but our GREAT God's not!
Proverbs 3:5, Yes, I CAN trust God when
My life's “stuck on red.”  That's rest Time.
Our God will  __ unstick me.

Part 2
Stuck on Red, I look BEHIND.
Think of failures, pains, my dark mind.
Just the thoughts tear at my once-broke heart.
How did I survive that?     Even part?
Psalm  One-Four-Sev'n:  Only God could heal my heart.  (echo)
Mired in mud, all my life seemed then.
I prayed to God, cried aloud to Him.
Like Psalm Fifty-Five,  I was not _ too proud to
cast my burdens all....   upon God. 
God proved He would.... un-stick me.

Part 3

Stuck on Red, I look AHEAD.
My life, my work often seem dead.  Where's
all that fun I once hoped Life
would bring me -- not more stuck red lights?
Dashed are old plans to proudly reach great heights.
(God has a plan to help me reach great heights.)
Stuck on Red, yet I must confess
Jesus brings JOY to my life's distress.  Brings
peace through sorrows, and abundant life, though
My life's stuck on red,  God brings Life.
Past joys proved God.... unsticks me.

Part 4 and More
Stuck on Red, I look WITHIN.
Don't like what I see -- fears, ugly sin.  That's
all I need - long guilt trip is here.
Trapped by self-focus, but escape's here.
God frees me when I ask__ Romans Eight: Two.  <8:2>
I stand in Christ's freedom:  Galatians Five.
Stuck on Red, yet my God's within,   since
I choose to give my life to Him.  

Sometimes God must send me stop lights to
make me rest and trust .....
God loves me.
Psalm 23,  verse 2 :    I'll rest on RED.      
“Remember how the Lord your God led you through the wilderness for forty years, humbling you and testing you to prove your character,
and to find out whether or not you would really obey His commands...
He did it to teach you that people need more than bread for their life;
real life comes by feeding on every word of the Lord.” 
--  Deuteronomy 8:2 and 3b (but see entire chapter) 
©2009 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved.  FREE personal usage; see website

No comments:

Post a Comment